» Damage Control [EFA meeting]
So - what now? [EFA Meeting] EmptyTirs Maj 14, 2024 2:27 pm af Cassius

» Welfare Check [Fallon & Idés]
So - what now? [EFA Meeting] EmptySøn Maj 12, 2024 10:45 pm af Fallon

» Something is still wrong with you [Cad & Gwyn]
So - what now? [EFA Meeting] EmptyOns Maj 08, 2024 9:04 pm af Gwyn

» EFA.ExitingFucksAwait.the-official-unofficial-fan-site.Ilomar.com
So - what now? [EFA Meeting] EmptyOns Maj 08, 2024 6:41 pm af Cadmus

» Sightseeing has never been this illegal (DAVON AND MELODY)
So - what now? [EFA Meeting] EmptyMan Maj 06, 2024 3:31 pm af Melody

» Quotes to live laugh love by
So - what now? [EFA Meeting] EmptyLør Maj 04, 2024 8:21 pm af Dominic

Top posting users this week
Cassius
So - what now? [EFA Meeting] I_vote_lcapSo - what now? [EFA Meeting] I_voting_barSo - what now? [EFA Meeting] I_vote_rcap 
Idés
So - what now? [EFA Meeting] I_vote_lcapSo - what now? [EFA Meeting] I_voting_barSo - what now? [EFA Meeting] I_vote_rcap 
Cadmus
Gwyn
Gavin

So - what now? [EFA Meeting]

+2
Cassius
Dominic
6 deltagere

Side 1 af 2 1, 2  Næste

Go down

So - what now? [EFA Meeting] Empty So - what now? [EFA Meeting]

Indlæg af Dominic Ons Jan 04, 2023 10:25 am

It had been 8 days since the funeral and the people of Ilomar was done with mourning. Now they wanted revenge. Godia Warrios were searching through the city, investigating the murder thoroughly. Some had even been seen at the edges of Erast, the part of the city they usually let alone. Dominic hadn't seen anyone, but he had heard the rumours and that had been enough for him to spend the last few days looking out the window, just checking if his nightmare would come true and a Godia Warrior would stand down on the street, looking back up at him. It hadn't come true - yet.
The politicians were also making every promise possible about finding the EFA, who everyone had given the blame for the murder. It didn't help that the High Priest had done a speak, naming them the doers of Tarron's evil. The hatred towards Nachon Warlocks was higher than ever before. People had been attacked on the streets just by someone thinking they were a Nachon Warlock. The people felt unsafe and they needed someone to blame. Someone who had already been deemed to be worth blaming.
The EFA needed a meeting. To gather, get an update on each other's status and to figure out what the they could do. The message had been sent out yesterday by the messaging Ogwe-Zeals, given by Idés to the active members of the group, that allowed them to receive hidden, short messages, no matter their location and surroundings. Dominic had soon received a 'thumbs-up' by text by every active member of their local group. The people out of town wasn't able to make it on such short notice, also it was way too risky for them to travel to the capitol during this chaos. But Dominic was fine with a meeting just with the members of the local group. These were the ones he could use for whatever strategy the group would come up with.

The meeting took place, as always, in the main room of the headquarter. The room was fairly large, but big enough for the group to be spread out wherever they felt like standing or sitting. Dominic himself were standing at the outside of the kitchen, leaning his back towards the kitchen island, so he was facing the center of the room. His arms were crossed and his brow furrowed, looking at the ground with a serious expression. Every member who had said they could come - except Idés who apparently was running late, which was worrying, since that was very unlike him - was here, and the meeting was about to start. Some fugitive Nachon Warlocks, who were temporarily living at the headquarter, had left the bunk bed room to sit at the couches and listen to the meeting, however they knew to be quiet. The atmosphere was tense. Dominic was just as tense. This was a hard topic for everyone involved, a horrible mix of personal and professional tension. Cadmus had been kind to order some pizzas, that were placed at the dining table, but Dominic hadn't touched it. He hadn't checked if anyone had done so. It wouldn't surprise him if no one was in the mood to eat right now.
"I don't know if anyone has heard," he said after everyone had found their preferred position in the room, "But I've just been told that some citizens of Ilomar City has planned a demonstration - pro execution of the Nachon Warlocks currently in prison." His dark, blue eyes searched through the room, making sure to look at every member of the group. "I highly doubt it will affect the actions of the politicians. Executions are expensive and they will have to change the law of imprisonment. They won't be able to do such thing for a while - but it's not impossible that they'll work on it. It's something we'll have to look into. How's it going with our man on the inside?"
They had a prison guard working with the EFA. Hopefully he could help in that regard.
Before anyone could answer, Dominic frowned more deeply, quickly looking at the door, that still had not been opened.
"Has anyone heard form Idés?" he asked, sounding irritated - he hated when people where late - even though he was probably more worried. Idés weren't late usually. What held him back?

// I decided to make a (very not-detailed) layout for the main room - here it is. Hope it makes sense!

So - what now? [EFA Meeting] 6c6af502844b625b7611d108e57a6353

Also I'm thinking that maybe we should have an order of replies planned. I'm thinking: Dominic, @Cassius, @Cadmus, @Fallon, @Idés, @Gwyn - sounds cool?
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Number of posts : 161

https://ilomar.forumotion.eu

Tilbage til toppen Go down

So - what now? [EFA Meeting] Empty Sv: So - what now? [EFA Meeting]

Indlæg af Cassius Ons Jan 04, 2023 3:30 pm

Cassius had showed up early to the meeting, mostly cause he had to take extra caution when he was sneaking from his apartment near campus to the EFA headquarters and a little bit that he could feel the blood boil whenever he saw the heightened hatred for the Nachon Warlocks. Let just say that Cassius had some not so nice thoughts whenever that happened which he couldn't act on in case he wanted to ruin everything the EFA stood for.

Cassius was currently seated at the dining table, more specifically the middle chair that stood closest to the open room, he had turned it around so it faced out towards the room instead of facing the wall. It gave him overview of most of the room as well as the entrance was right in front of him. Cassius just wanted to be on the safe side in case something bad happened. If someone who was not a part of the EFA were to burst through the door, Cassius could easily deal with it if necessary. The pizza didn't really tempt Cassius to eat anything. Lately he had a worse appetite than he usually had. Though it was a kind gesture of Cadmus to order it for them.

When Dominic started the meeting with speaking of the demonstration, a horrible and nauseating feeling arose in the pit of Cassius' stomach. He had heard of it, the demonstration. Some of his classmates had talked about going with colorful and disgusting things said about Nachon Warlocks. Cassius could feel his blood boil more and more at the thought. When Idés name came out of Dominic's mouth, Cassius looked around the room, not spotting the professor. Cassius shook his head and instant worry for the man took root in his mind. It most likely showed on Cassius' face. "You don't think something happened to him?" Cassius couldn't help but burst out in concern.
Cassius
Cassius

Number of posts : 99

Indlæg af Cadmus Ons Jan 04, 2023 4:35 pm

It had somehow befallen Cadmus to oversee catering whenever the EFA met. As he sat on a bar chair by the kitchen isle, one leg on the ground, one resting on the stretcher, listening to Dominic's introductory speech, he realized that it might be because no one else cared for food. The trip after pizza had been partially excusatory. He had wanted to get out of the house. Away from the growing tension that always preceded an EFA meeting. Some of the resident nachons had never experienced a meeting before and were unsure what to expect. Others knew too well what was coming, which was of little comfort. All of it made it harder for Cadmus to repress their feelings and he had had to get out. The walk was only a few blocks, but it was time he could spend preparing himself for the return.

He really liked the atmosphere in the small pizzeria, just down the street from the headquarters. It was one of the hidden gems of the city. A testimony to Erast as something more than a garbage dump. Lorenzo and Claudia La Russa were wonderful people, and they served the best food for practically nothing. Cad had gotten to know them quite well. Their son, Amos, had provided him with the fake papers he always kept on him. Julian Carter, 24, a regular human being working as deliverer for La Russa Pizzeria.
As he had sat waiting for Lorenzo to make his Pizzas, Claudia had filled him in on some disturbing news. A friend of Amos had been killed. He wasn't a nachon, and as far as Claudia knew, he had not even been involved with any funny business, but there had been a rumour floating anyway, about his mother having been one, a nachon that was. That had been enough for people. Erast had started to turn on their own. Cad had to be careful too.

Yet another reason for his insisting on there being food, was the simple importance of eating. Even if what you ate was pizza. While it was clear pizza was the last thing on anyone's mind, Cad could not let such good food go to waste and grabbed a slice. Easting while listening.

"Mason is on duty today," A dark haired woman said from the dining table, "He was sorry he couldn't be here. He promised me, he would keep you updated on any news regarding the execution plans."

Cadmus thought the demonstration was a bit ridiculous. As if nachons weren't already being executed. Most of them never got to prison. They were killed before that. Whenever a nachon was involved in any accident it was always murder. Tarrons evil spawn was always intent on harming the innocent citizens, manslaughter wasn't a thing. And a murderous nachon was a dangerous thing. No one objected that the police should use any means necessary. Better they killed the nachon than the nachon harmed them. He finished his slice.

Where was Idés? The man was never late. Maybe they should be concerned?

Sidst rettet af Cadmus Lør Okt 28, 2023 9:05 pm, rettet i alt 2 gange
Cadmus
Cadmus

Number of posts : 124

Indlæg af Fallon Ons Jan 04, 2023 5:01 pm

Fallon might have a slight hangover right now, he did manage to get to the meeting though. He was currently leaning with his back against the wall near the dining table and kitchen. The slight hangover was a result of having a bit too much to drink last night. Why was he drinking last night? Well, Fallon wanted to maybe run away for a lil bit from the nervousness and anxiousness he and many other felt these days. The heightened security and patrols didn't make things any easier for any nachons and others like himself on the run. Fallon had even stopped going downtown and just stayed in Erast to make sure he wasn't found. He had however seen that even Erast wasn't untouched by the paranoia.

Fallon just listened as Dominic and the rest spoke for a while, he also grabbed a slice of pizza. The slight hangover was kind of demanding some food, and Fallon knew that he should probably eat before his stomach started screaming for food too. The thoughts about food did make Fallon realize he didn't remember when his last meal was, so eating a slice of pizza might be a good idea right now. Fallon took a bite of the slice, and then another one as he listened to the group continuing their conversation.

However, when Idés was brought up, Fallon realized his friend wasn't there. His friend who in his experience was never late to anything. Fallon quickly looked at his phone to see if he had gotten any messages from Idés, just something to let him know he is ok. There were no new notifications. The panic and worry that rose inside Fallon made him gorge down the slice of pizza. Fallon instantly felt a bit nauseous from eating his feelings that fast. However, now both his hands were free and so Fallon sent a quick text to Idés.

"Hey man, wher r uou?! you shoudlve been her minuets ago!!!"

He then sent the message, he didn't wanna write anything more than that, worried that if something had happened and someone else had Idés' phone could read the message and perhaps gain information they shouldn't have. Now he just had to anxiously wait for Idés to either respond to the message or come barging through the door. He couldn't think of the other alternatives just yet.
Fallon
Fallon

Number of posts : 40

Indlæg af Dominic Tors Jan 05, 2023 6:31 pm

"Thank you, Vera," Dominic said to the darkhaired girl, answering his question about the prison guard, Mason. Even though you could hear the tiredness of his voice, he also sounded very sincere, appreciating the few people out there who were helping them. Mason and Vera were some of those people.

The second he had asked about Idés, the worry spread through the room. Dominic regretted even asking. The others had enough to worry about, they didn't need to worry about Idés as well.
"I don't know," he answered Cassius, because there was no use in lying. The people in the EFA knew the world well enough to know that they were never truly safe, not even at the headquarters. It was a risk helping those the state was against. However, he did try to calm their nerves a bit by adding: "Hopefully he's just stuck in traffic."
Saga, always trying to lighten up the mood, quickly added: "Or maybe he's just lost in a lab experiment or something." She was sitting on the couch's backrest, facing the center of the room like the others, her heels tapping lightly against the backrest.
"Maybe," Dominic said but he had a nagging feeling as he glanced towards the entrance, where Idés still hadn't entered.
He then quickly shook his head and looked at the group again, focusing on the meeting again. They could worry about Idés afterwards. Possibly send someone out to get him.
"Anyways," he said to change the subject back on the meeting, "Cassius managed to get an invite to the funeral." He made sure to leave out how Cassius got the invite, not wanting to mention his dad out of respect of his friend. He turned his head towards him. He expression had no sign of their friendship. Right now they were rebels and he was the leader. "Cassius, anything worth updating us on about that?"
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Cassius Tors Jan 05, 2023 7:13 pm

Cassius glanced around the room, looking as each member worry somewhat grew and then his glance wandered around to those who spoke. He even saw how Fallon quickly typed a message as he somehow ate a whole pizza slice in one bite, which kind of surprised Cassius a little bit, as the few times he had spent with the other and there was food involved, he had only seen Fallon take small portions which he only took small bites off. When Dominic and Saga started speaking off why Idés was late, Cassius relaxed a little.

Cassius did enter some sort of a professional mode when Dominic spoke of his invitation to the funeral of the crown prince. He appreciated that he did not mention how Cassius had gotten the invitation. He glanced around the room, at all the faces looking back, waiting for him to start speaking. He could slightly sense the nervousness of what his words could bring.

"The ceremony was like any other funeral ceremony" Cassius started. His voice devoid of any emotions, the voice of a cold professional. Though it did not stop him from being slightly nervous of speaking in front of a group of people. "The reception however was filled with gossip about the crown prince's true nature and who the culprit could possibly be" He continued. "Many members how high society like the government suspects the EFA, some even talked about taking matters into their own hands" Cassius said as memories of his own father speaking some of those words came to mind. Cassius glanced to Dominic when he finished his report. He knew this just caused the other male more stress and worry. If only he could, Cassius would take it all away.
Cassius
Cassius

Indlæg af Fallon Tors Jan 05, 2023 8:17 pm

As Fallon listened to the other speak, his worry for his friend just grew more and more. His face contorted into an angry expression when he listened to Dominic and Saga talking about how Idés would do things he was very likely to do, but it angered Fallon because of how the situation in the streets was right now. Yeah he might just be stuck in traffic or so lost into some document about some random zeal, but he could also very likely be attacked in the streets or someone might have come looking for him. "Hopefully is not enough" Fallon spoke his first words of the meeting. "We all know that the best case scenario isn't that likely now, we're not children" Fallon said, his voice full of emotions, specifically worry and anger as he stared challenging at Dominic.

Fallon fell silent as Cassius reported his espionage from the funeral. Though his angry expression never left Dominic. His eyes only leaving him to keep checking his phone for any kind of sign of life from Idés. The longer it took for Idés to read the message the more Fallon got worried, however when the message suddenly went from delivered to seen, Fallon let out a slight sigh of relief, barely noticable under Cassius cold voice. the relief quickly turned into anger when Idés proceeded to leave him on read. How dare he? doesn't he know that his very caring friend was worrying his wits out for him right now? A slight huff escaped Fallon's lips as he started typing out another message before erasing it again, two can play that game. As Fallon slipped his phone back into his pocket and Cassius had finished his frankly boring report the door into the room and out to the world outside burst open.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Idés Tors Jan 05, 2023 8:38 pm

He burst in through the door. “So sorry everyone,” he announced upon entering, placing his duffel bag on a kitchen counter. “Today has been – This is Gwyn, by the way, but I’ll get to that – Today has been… Well, let’s just say there’s a lot of Godia on campus these days. They came by the laboratory to question me this morning. A damn General and five soldiers. They searched the lab, but luckily, they’re stupid enough to be scared off by basic scientific jargon,” he started explaining as he unpacked the bag. He pulled out a couple of board games, to brighten up the day-to-day life of the hiding Nachon residents, then a couple of wooden boxes filled with various kinds of Zeals, then the basic fresh groceries that were hard to track down in Erast. He never came to the EFA empty handed.

“Anyways, I think I’m in the clear for now. There was nothing there worse than a couple of blueprints, which were easily explainable after all, like really, what did they think an energic engineer would have laying around if not blueprints and Zeals? A damn snow tiger? Condescending pricks. Although, I am sure they still have their suspicions. If in doubt, blame the academic, you know? I have a feeling they’ll be back.”

He ran a hand through his hair and let out an exasperated sigh. He looked every bit as stressed and tired as he was starting to feel — the bags under his eyes seemed three times darker and his hair was a mess. He had also totally forgotten that Gwyn was still wearing his coat. That was when he realized he hadn’t actually explained who Gwyn was and what she was doing here. “Anywho. Gwyn is a student and my lab assistant and she is in some trouble. She has trouble manifesting her powers and it seems the Godia thinks she is Nachon because of that. I mean, you know it’s bad when they’re questioning me, of all people, about the students, really.” He leaned against the kitchen counter and crossed his arms. “It goes without saying it’s not safe for her to stay at campus for the time being.”

He then looked around at everyone gathered. “What did I miss?”
Idés
Idés

Number of posts : 212

Indlæg af Gwyn Tors Jan 05, 2023 10:24 pm

The whole ride from campus to Erast and the walk from the car to the location that Idés would take her was a blur for Gwyn. She had just been staring ahead, the realization of her situation dawning on her. She was on the run, kind of.  It was safe to say she felt like she couldn’t go anywhere for the time being. The building they had entered had been nondescript, looking like any other building in Erast. Old and neglected. Idés entered the room in a way she wasn’t used to seeing, he burst through the door and she almost thought the door would fall out off its hinges. Gwyn stood there, dumbfounded, as they entered. She managed to quickly  take in the room before her. There were so many people in the room and they all stared at her and Idés. Oh Gods.
Idés started rambling about what had happened to him this morning and why he was late for the meeting and she vaguely noticed him saying her name, but she was still too busy with taking in the scene before her. The room looked like an open plan kitchen with a living room attached and on almost every surface there were people. Some were sitting on the couch, others on chairs at the dining table or the kitchen island. Some people were even sitting on the counter. Did she smell pizza?
She felt every one of their stares taking her in too. This was the EFA? This was the so-called rebellion that had supposedly been behind the prince’s murder and a couple of other things? They look more like the local scouting club, Gwyn though but she might also have muttered this softly. Where were the older leaderlike people? All she noticed were people around her age, some maybe a tad younger and others a tad older but no graying man that looked like he had been built for fighting. Then she noticed she still had her luggage behind her and she felt her cheeks heathen up the slightest bit. Idés told her to pack lightly and she thought she had done so but looking around now, she felt like she overpacked massively. Shit.

When Idés started talking about her, Gwyn shifted her sight to him, slightly grateful that he took the pain of explaining who she was and why she was here. Hopefully they would not get too mad at him. She started to feel a bit uncomfortable underneath all the stares and shifted body slightly behind him. Wait, hold up. Did he really have to mention that they suspected her being a Godia though? Or that she had trouble manifesting her powers? Oh, for fucks sake. She felt her cheeks color once more and mentally she smacked Idés on the back of his head. Thanks for spilling that you doofus, she mentally cursed him. Couldn’t he just tell that to the leader of the EFA instead of telling everyone here?  When he asked what he had missed, Gwyn looked around once more. Some expressions of the people in the room were dumbfounded, others surprised but there was one person she thought looked absolutely pissed. No wait, make that two. Two people looked equally pissed and she wasn’t sure if that because Idés was late or because he had taken her with him.
Gwyn
Gwyn

Indlæg af Dominic Fre Jan 06, 2023 10:07 am

Fallon were already ready to fight, and Dominic did not have the patience for that - which usually was the thing that made the fight break out. This time he simply glared at the man as a serious warning. He was not in the mood for anyone to talk back. And when he turned to Cassius, he made sure to ignore Fallon's angry eyes at him. But he did stand more tensely, tightening the way his arms crossed, not even nodding along to what Cassius told the group, while he didn't take his eyes off him.
Cassius didn't say anything that they didn't already expect. But hearing it from the inside made it even more real and the hair in Dominic's neck stood up with anxiety. Not that he let that show. The only feelings you could sense on him was tension, maybe a tad of anger.
"Let's assume for now that it's mostly just gossip," he said about the 'taking matters into their own hands'. Most rich people loved to talk but would never actually do the work. Hopefully this was the case here as well. "And in regards to the gossip about the crown prince, I actually think tha-"
He didn't get to finish his sentence as someone burst through the door. In surprise, Dominic stopped leaning up against the kitchen island, instantly turning his head towards the door, as did the rest of the EFA.
Dominic almost released a sigh of relief when Idés was the one to come through the door. However, that relief only lasted for a second before he regretted feeling it too quickly. Because this wasn't a moment of relief. Idés was clearly distressed and bewildered. It was obvious the second he stepped foot into the headquarter and only became more obvious as he started talking - never had Dominic heard him say this many words in one minute.
And then there was the fact that he wasn't alone. With him was a girl that Dominic had never seen before, clearly as bewildered as Idés and clearly not a rebel. And with her there was a whole bunch of luggage and Dominic knew instantly what Idés had done. Without asking for permission or warning and in these circumstances. What the fuck was he thinking?
Dominic's eyes darkened as he looked at Idés while the man was talking. Only slightly widening when he mentioned the Godia Warriors coming to his lab, but then darkened even further. He exuded anger without having to say anything. It was clear by the second Idés stepped in that he had fucked up and he only made it worse with every sentence he spoke. When he introduced the girl - Gwyn, he called her - Dominic didn't look at her again. He had already seen what he needed to see.
Idés ended his speech by asking what he'd missed. Everyone was quiet for a moment, feeling the tension in the air. Some looked at Dominic, waiting nervously for him to answer, some looked at Idés, most examined the girl. Dominic didn't take his eyes off of Idés. Seething with frustration, as he finally opened his mouth.
"What the fuck were you thinking, Idés?" he snarled and without letting the man answer he continued: "You've been targeted by the Godia Warriors - by the general of the investigation - and you came here? What if you've been followed? What if they're keeping an eye out of you. What if they trace your activities back to us?"
Still holding one arm across his body, he raised the other arm towards Gwyn. Still not looking at her but glaring angrily at Idés.
"And you brought a student - that they're also targeting. Putting us in even more danger. We don't need more danger, Idés. And we definitely don't need some IUC kirsha who just doesn't know how to use her powers with Godia Warriors breathing down her neck. We don't have the ressources to take care of that. Heck, we barely have ressources to deal with our own shit."
He exhaled through his nose, frustrated. He used the hand he had pointed towards the girl to rub his forehead, clearly tired.
"What's your fucking plan here?" he said, not sounding as angry, more exhausted, as an overworked dad to his children.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Cassius Fre Jan 06, 2023 8:34 pm

Cassius nodded when Dominic said it was probably gossip for now. Though Cassius had left something out of his report, as it wasn't at the funeral he had discovered it. However, the information wasn't suitable to be shared in front of everyone. He will just have to tell Dominic later about the documents he found in his father's study when they were alone just the two of them. Cassius got a bit absent minded as he thought about those documents, as he started to space a bit out.

Well until the door opened with a bang and Idés came storming through the door. However, he wasn't alone. Right behind him came a young girl with quite a lot of baggage. oh god, this would not sit well with Dominic. When Cassius looked in his old friend's direction he could see the anger in his friend's eyes and body language. Cassius listened as Idés ranted away and once Idés finished speaking, which honestly Cassius was unsure ever was going to happen. He then listened to Dominic's very angry, but in Cassius' opinion, understandably little speech, he also heard the exhaustion at the last sentence. Cassius' eyes had darted between Idés and Dominic, but when Dominic had asked the last question, his eyes turned to the young girl, who seemed to him to be very uncomfortable at the moment. She seemed so unprepared and frankly incompetent to him and Cassius felt worry over how it was going to go with the EFA with her here. The thought that this girl might end up messing something up and reveal to the Godias where and who the EFA was, started spinning around in his head.
Cassius
Cassius

Indlæg af Cadmus Fre Jan 06, 2023 8:57 pm

As he was sitting, in the centre of the room, Cadmus had the pleasure of being in the middle of the rising tension too. Stuff was bad enough as it was; Idés suddenly having gone AWOL did nothing to help it, and Fallon looked ready to fight someone over it, although Cad wasn't sure what good he expected would come of that. Even HE was somewhat worried. Idés was important to the EFA and a likeable man too. It would be a shame if something had happened to him. But as the matter was out of Cadmus' hands, he tried his best not to worry too much. Easier said than done of course. But there were ways he could distract himself; He had brought half a pizza with him to the kitchen island. And he started on the second slice while Cassius gave his funeral report. The information wasn't exactly news to him, only confirmation of what most of them presumably already knew; the EFA were suspects.

He was startled by the door suddenly busting open, cutting off whatever Dominic had been about to say about the gossip about the crown prince, to reveal the no longer presumed missing, Idés Chapmann. You had no need for powers such as Cad's to realise the man was stressed out of his mind. He kept going on about lab stuff and Godias. It was a bit surprising to hear him say this much at once, but Cad only listened with half an ear. The man had also brought groceries. Eggs, yoghurt, cheese... It was really hard to keep a household fed when said household mostly consisted of people who had a hard time walking into a supermarket without getting arrested. And apparently, he had also brought a girl, and by the amount of luggage she had brought, it looked like she was ready to move in. The girl looked so out of place, clearly trying to hide behind Idés. She had been introduced as Gwyn, the student lab assistant of Idés. Despite the seriousness of it all, Cad couldn't help but smile a little. Dominic would be furious.

And he was. To a degree Cadmus supposed it was understandable; they had just showed up without a warning, and there really wasn't any room for another person at the HQ. The current situation made it hard to help refugees out of the country, and the current people were stuck for the moment. Yet, he was sure they would figure something out. Before Dominic, or anyone else for that matter, could start yelling. He slipped out of his chair and got to unpacking the groceries Idés had been kind enough to bring. Being with this many stressed out people was giving him a headache, and it was easier to ignore how people felt, when you didn't look at them. He could still sense it. The anticipation and confusion suddenly added to everything else. The relief and anger. What a mess. Well, he could focus on putting away the groceries.

Even with his back to everything, he could still follow the conversation. And it made sense for Dominic to be livid. They could very easily have been followed. Although, and it might just be because Idés brought zeals and food, Cadmus trusted him. He would never do anything to harm them. This new girl, however? How could he be so sure they could trust her? Even if she was hunted by the Godia. That did just make her, as Dominic said, a bigger hazard. Cad put some stuff into the fridge. And turned back around to face the room. At meetings like these, he prefered to keep quiet and let the others speak. And he was curious as to what Idés' plan was.

Sidst rettet af Cadmus Lør Okt 28, 2023 9:18 pm, rettet 1 gang
Cadmus
Cadmus

Indlæg af Fallon Fre Jan 06, 2023 9:20 pm

Fallon stood there silently as Idés and Dominic spoke. His very angry eyes never leaving Idés. Once Dominic was done speaking, Fallon opened his mouth yet again. "yeah yeah enough about that, as if Idés would do anything to put the EFA in danger, you need to chill man" he said as he waved his hand towards Dominic, even in his anger he would take the chance to defend Idés (and annoy Dominic of course, how could Fallon resist?). Fallon then proceeded to take a couple of steps towards Idés before looking the man straight in his eyes. "How. Dare. you. leave me on read?" Fallon said, every word punctuated with anger. "Do you even know how worried I was? and then you just leave my message on read to then proceed barging in here like a crazy person and start rambling too?!" he continued ranting, still angry. Fallon might have completely forgotten about the meeting at this moment. "No heads up? even when we all, even you, know that you are never late to anything" Fallon said.

You'd think that Fallon would end it there, but honestly he just made room for a dramatic pause. "We started thinking that something horrible had happened you know" Fallon spoke again. and there he was finished with his rant and walked back to the wall and leaning against it again. Though his angry expression was still there, just a bit calmer after having gotten to let it out a bit. It was then Fallon's eyes moved over to finally look at Gwyn for the first time. He stared at her and then her baggage and then back at her. "One would almost think you're going on a vacation instead of being on the run with that amount" he commented, his voice having the usual playful tone of his in it. Maybe it helped diffuse the tension in the room at the moment, who knows? Fallon didn't really care about that, he was just glad his friend was okay. Very much stressed, but he was okay.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Idés Fre Jan 06, 2023 9:41 pm

-

Sidst rettet af Idés Søn Jan 08, 2023 1:02 am, rettet 1 gang
Idés
Idés

Indlæg af Gwyn Fre Jan 06, 2023 9:55 pm

Where Gwyn had felt scared, panic and numbness throughout the day now she felt was white hot burning anger. Anger towards the equally angry man that had just opened his mouth towards Idés. Gwyn hadn’t really looked at him or anyone else for that matter before, too busy taking everything in at once, but now she studied his face. His sharp and square jaw, straight nose, full lips and dark hair light eyes combination –oh Gods was that a mole above his eyebrow? Fuck her– were things she would normally find attractive in a guy –this one almost looked regal and surely had the ability to make panties drop if he fancied to do so– but Gwyn couldn’t muster up an ounce of attraction towards him at the moment, that was how mad she was. It didn’t matter that he was tall, built and had wide shoulders too, it also didn’t matter that his shirt hugged his body perfectly and made the flexed muscles of his arm stand out even better. The angry vein on his forehead looked like it would pop open at any moment and that would be his karma for lashing out at Idés like that. Asswipe. She had decided to wisely shut her mouth, Gods know who he was within the EFA, but when he also started talking about her with her standing there, instead of to her and not even deigning to look at her, she snapped back.

‘’Hey! Who do you think you are? Wait, no I don’t care actually. You do not get to talk to Des like that.’’ She now pointed her finger at him, the same way he had pointed at her before. ‘’I came to Des because I have nowhere else to go, no one else to go to. He said you were good people, but now I am starting to doubt that.’’ She gave him her most foul expression that she could muster. ‘’You do not get to blame him for trying to protect someone, even if that has been hastily done. If he hadn’t, I could be laying dead somewhere by the end of next week just because they think I could be a Nachon. You want that? For him to have my blood on his hands when he could have prevented it? You want him to bear the guilt of my death? If so, you’re as heartless as the Elite.’’ She now pointed her finger towards a darker haired man sitting at the dining table. Just like with the man she just had talked back against, she hadn’t really looked at him before but later on recognized the guy. She had seen him on campus a few times  before, hanging with the Elite who had made her feel miserable before, so it was safe to assume he was one of them. Another man had started unpacking and storing away the contents of Idés’ dubbel bag. He bought them groceries, Gwyn realized. But why the man had decided to start storing them away at that moment was a bit odd to her. Unless he wanted a break of the shitstorm that had become the meeting ever since Idés and Gwyn had come in. She couldn’t blame him for that and god knows how long it would continue. Some of the products he had bought did have to go into a cooled space if you wanted to be able to keep them fresh for a longer time.

When a blonde man started speaking, she felt her eyes widen a bit. Seemed like they were on the same page but when he came up to Idés, Gwyn wasn’t so sure she liked him. The man started angrily asking him why Idés left him on read, making Gwyn raise her eyebrow. He was mad over a left on read message? She got that he was worried but to go off like this? The interaction also got Gwyn thinking, they were either very close, or very close. Seeing Idés pinching the bridge of his nose, she felt like he too was feeling things about their little interaction just now. That would explain some things to Gwyn but she wasn’t here to judge anyone. Except maybe that rude one and by the way the blonde man had talked to him, it did seem like he was some sort of important figure. Head boy scout, she thought. However when the blonde man walked away and commented on her luggage, she felt her expression sour. Well isn’t this one cocky too. Great way to prove they were a good bunch, when no one yet had uttered a nice or reassuring word to her. They had either been judging her with their looks or casting judgment about her with their words without even knowing her.
‘’One would think it to be rude to make jokes about one’s dire situation.’’ She replied, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Yes she might have brought too much, but who doesn’t overpack when they’re in a hurry?

Idés explaining his idea to the room, and so to her, resulted that she felt her heart melt a bit when he said that he cared about her. How long had she wanted to hear those words? But besides feeling cared for there were no other funny feelings coming from those words. He was asking them a favor, for her to be able to stay. She felt her heart break a little for him and she took a light hold of his hands, hoping it would turn his attention to her for just a moment so she could mouth a silent ‘thank you’ to him. Not only for coming up with a solution, but also putting himself on the line for her.

She needed a safe place for the time being, but if the boy scout was this massive of an ass and did not grant Idés his favor, then she would rather find some shady motel to stay at than look at his face every day. There was no doubt that she couldn’t go home, because they probably knew where her parents lived and might just start searching there first when the Godia noticed her absence. Shit… Her parents.. She had to call them at some point to explain things, to tell them she had to go away for a while and that they should not be afraid if Godia warriors came by the house at some point.
Gwyn
Gwyn

Indlæg af Idés Søn Jan 08, 2023 1:02 am

Idés had known Dominic would be pissed, but that didn’t take the hurt out of him cursing him out. He considered him a valued friend – a person he respected. A pit formed in his stomach at the thought that he had gambled away that trust. But Dominic was prone to anger and it wasn’t surprising that he reacted this way, he was right to, even. It had been an incredibly careless and risky move. And perhaps there had been a better way of laying all this information on him. It was rare Idés got this worked up, really, and it was frankly embarrassing he was this unhinged in front of everyone. Guilt and embarrassment. What horrible feelings.

But then Gwyn started going off on Dominic – an extremely dumb move, considering her life was basically in his hand. He cringed. This was going to make things worse.

And then Fallon started cussing him out as well, and Idés looked at him for a moment, completely puzzled. Leave on read? What did that even mean…? Either way, it seemed his anger stemmed more so from worry than his actual actions, which did seem a bit less of a priority. Then Cadmus started putting away the groceries, not that he blamed him as the tension in the room was near unbearable.

He pinched the space between his eyebrows as he took a deep breath, getting as much of himself together as he could. This was a mess. It was his fault that this was a mess. He needed to smooth out said mess. Gods, he was exhausted, though.

"Gwyn, I appreciate it, but please let me handle it." Idés spoke, in his most diplomatic tone. He understood Gwyn's need to stand up for him, but this was neither the time nor place. “And Fallon, I need you to shup up for a bit. We can talk later.” No doubt this was no moment to get further on Dominics’ nerves, and Fallon would soon be fine again. Fallon was simply feisty, where Dominic was downright furious. He turned to the latter and started speaking.

“As for the Godia, If they have reason to suspect me, they would already be doing so before today, and way before this case even. Which would mean we would all still be in the same situation as we are in now, pretty much.”  

“And yes. Yes, you’re right, this isn’t ideal. About the Godia and about Gwyn. If there had been a better way, I would have been doing that already – but this is someone I care about, and I’m not about to let them kill her,” he spoke, a weird balanced kind of calm professionalism in his voice, both strained and incredibly exhausted. It would be a shocker to no one that Idés had quite the protective streak to him, something that was both capable of being a giant pro and con. “I need this favor, just this one time.” He took a shuddering breath, before adding more quietly. “Please.”
Idés
Idés

Indlæg af Dominic Søn Jan 08, 2023 11:00 am

So much chaos and Dominic might had been slightly at fault for most of it. Where the room had been filled with tension, now it had exploded with frustration and anger. One could say that Dominic started it by yelling but Dominic would probably defend himself by saying it started with everyone else pissing him off. However, he did feel slightly guilty when noticing how everyone reacted to his anger, Cadmus focusing on something else to not be too affected, Cassius' darting eyes, Idés' worry. Well, not everyone - Fallon were quick to tell Dominic to chill out, which was probably the worst thing he could be told right now. The faint guilt was overshadowed with the rest of his anger and through his teeth, he quickly sneered: "Stay out of this, Fallon." But the man had already moved on. Apparently now it was his turn to scold Idés over something Dominic couldn't care less about. What a hypocrite. Dominic would probably have called him out on it if it wasn't for the new girl, suddenly snapping back at him. Dominic instantly turned his eyes at her, actually for a brief moment looking surprised. She had seemed so nervous and shy before, that he hadn't expected such anger leaving her. The surprise quickly turned into irritation though, the second she tried to tell him what to do or not do. As if she had any right to talk to him like that. She barely had any right to stand here right now.  
He opened his mouth, about to answer her question about who he was - the leader of the group, that was who he was - but he didn't get to say anything before she pointed her finger at him. He glared at it, then at her again, his mouth closing and his jaw clenching. All while the girl were scolding him, Dominic turned more and more furious. It looked like he could explode at any moment. Especially when she tried to claim that they couldn't be good people, a sentence that hit Dominic right on a sore spot, with his own doubt about whether or not he was actually good. But fuck that. What did she know about that? She knew nothing about what they had done.
And then she tried to compare him to the elite and whilst doing so pointing towards Cassius. That was the last drop. Not only because it was unfair to Cassius and a comparison that could be hurtful to him - and Dominic would always stand up for him - but also because it showed that Gwyn already knew something she could use against them. She knew Cassius in some way. If they let her leave now, she could just go out and tell the Godia Warriors about them.
Idés had really fucked up.
Dominic didn't even have his arms crossed anymore. His arms were flexed down his side, his fists clenched. He looked like he could turn to violence at any given moment - although the people knowing him knew he would never do such thing.
He took a step towards Gwyn, his face contorted with rage.
"You're not our problem," he said, baring his teeth, clearly answering her question about if he cared about her dying, "We have enough as it is already."
But then Idés tried to handle the situation, figuratively stepping in between Gwyn and Dominic. First dealing with Fallon that had both tried to turn his anger towards him, Dominic and Gwyn - again, such a hypocrite - and then turning to face Dominic. Dominic stared him down with a look of warning. How could he defend any of this?
Well, he did. And what he said did make sense even with Dominic's ear ringing of blood rush. It did help that he didn't match the ferocity that the other threes had thrown at each other. And when he ended his explanation with a small beg, some of Dominic's anger left his body. The part of the anger that hadn't actually been anger but fear and worry.
He stood, towering over Idés, even though he was barely any taller than him. He was stiff, tense and clearly trying to figure out whether or not he could let go of enough of his anger to meet his wish. Because even with this break of trust, Idés was a good man and a great part of the EFA. There was a reason why Dominic was so furious, other than the fact that he was overwhelmed and anxious - he had never though Idés would be the one to act so recklessly. But now he had explained why he had done so. While also acknowledging the shitty situation. And after everything he had done for the EFA, Dominic really did owe him this favor.
But fuck, why this girl out of every one he could save? Dominic could feel his anger seething towards her even without looking at her. And when he finally did look at her, examining the situation, his face tightened and he had to take a deep breath through his nose to deal with the irritation that surged through him.
Finally he made a decision. He took a step back from Idés, indicating that he didn't have an issue with him anymore. Then he pointed at him, almost blaming but mostly as a direct command.
"She's your problem," he said, "If anything happens to the EFA because of her, that'll be on you."
He had to make that clear and when saying that, it didn't seem like he would meet his wish. But then he lowered his hand and exhaled through his nose, his body finally letting go of some of the tension.
"She can stay," he said, reluctantly, then remembering what pissed Gwyn off before so he turned to look at her and repeat it. "You can stay." He made a gesture towards the couch where Saga and some of the refugees clearly tried to act as if they hadn't been caught up by the fight. "But you'll have to sleep on the couch. All beds are taken."
He walked back to the island, trying to breath out the rest of his anger while doing so. There was still so much tension in the room. It wasn't nice when Dominic was angry, he knew that, and a part of him hated being it and affecting the others. But he couldn't admit that. Then he would admit to being at fault and he wouldn't do that.
He leaned up against the isle again, looking out at the other members.
"Everyone cool with that?" he said, a bit more challenging that he wished for but he couldn't completely let go of all of his anger just yet.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Cassius Søn Jan 08, 2023 12:10 pm

Cassius had been quite as everyone yelled. Though when the girl, Gwyn, started yelling back to Dominic, Cassius felt anger rise in him. How dare she yell at his friend as if she knew who they were? As if she knew their situation? Their problems? Cassius' expression darkened out of anger as she continued to yell. Well until she brought up the elite and proceeded to point on Cassius. His heart skipped a beat. How did she know who he was? Cassius tried to wrack his brain trying to figure out where he had seen her before. but he never had. However, the words still managed to hurt him. She might as well have said he was just like his father. Cassius didn't even manage to think about how she knew who he was would mean for the EFA. At that moment Cassius stood up from his chair and looked directly at Gwyn. His reason snapped when she attacked him and Dominic like that.

"Look, I have no idea who you even are, but your words just showed how naive and selfish you are"  Cassius said, sounding way harsher than he meant. "You have nowhere else to go? welcome to the club, you are currently in a room filled with people like that, Dominic has a responsibility to keep all of them safe" He continued. "Their life is in his hands, and you showed up here threatening that safety" He said. "Of course, we will not react well to that" he finished. His voice had reminded calm and cold throughout his tiny speech. But those who've known Cassius for a long time would very likely know that he just spoke recklessly out of anger. His eyes filled with unreadable and piercing emotions never left Gwyn's face.

When Dominic started to speak again, Cassius backed off, returning to his chair. He had a feeling that Dominic wouldn't chase her away. When he asked if everyone was cool with her staying. Cassius only nodded, even though he probably didn't have so much to say there as he didn't live here like some of the others.
Cassius
Cassius

Indlæg af Cadmus Søn Jan 08, 2023 1:41 pm

Truth be told, Cadmus could not help but feel a bit embarrassed with the whole situation. They were supposed to set an example for the refugees at the meeting, whose lives depended on them. Dominic was supposed to be a respected authority figure, someone you could rely on to keep you from harm. If you were a Nachon on the run, how could you afford staying a place like this, if you weren't sure, you were at least somewhat safe? As Fallon started going off, waving off Dominic with seemingly no other purpose than annoy him, they began to look less like a group leading a rebellion, and more like a club of overgrown kids. He supposed they were, in a way, some of them more than others. But he tried not to judge Fallon too hard. Running away from home at such a young age was hard. Cad would know. And unlike him, not everyone would be lucky enough to find a second home. Without that, he didn't know where he would be. How were you supposed to grow up alone? Not just toughen up and get angry, but actually grow up, without someone who loved and cared for you? Of course, he couldn't know what had happened to Fallon between him running away and joining the EFA. Who was to say he hadn't experienced the exact same things as Cad, but still chose anger? Did it really matter? Even if he was embarrassed on behalf of the other's anger, he was in no position to judge, and the anger did seem to help him calm down. With a sigh he turned his attention back to the Gwyn girl.    

The anger seemed to spread like wildfire. And the girl who before had seemed timid was ready to lash out. Cad wanted to excuse her behaviour, of course she was stressed. But they all were. He was too, but you didn't see him yell. Then to the surprise of everyone, even Dominic it seemed, she started attacking the very man. Absently rubbing his forehead, Camus was unsure whether to be amused or terrified. The poor girl had no clue who she was talking to, and Dominic would need to assert some kind of dominance, to keep up his image. He couldn't very well let a newbie girl talk down to him in front of the entire EFA. Yet, it was sweet the way she tried to protect Idés, as if he was someone who needed protection in the first place. His amusement, however, vanished with her next words. He said you were the good people, but now I am starting to doubt that Weren't they all? Of course, she wouldn't understand the hurt of her words. They didn't matter.

While Gwyn might feel out of her element, suddenly standing in the living room of a terrorist group, it was hard to feel that sorry for her. Did she really believe that she was more important than the rest of the people here? If Idés had doomed the others by trying to protect this girl, he was very much in the wrong. Sure, she could be lying dead. But did she not understand that that was the case for all of them? Dominic was right, telling her that they already had enough as it was.

Idés on the other hand, who seemed to be nearing his breaking point... Well, Cad, did feel bad for him. How could he not? He had created this mess and was expected to solve it. And he did so remarkably well. With diplomacy and calmness Cadmus had to smile approvingly of, even if it was a calm that had taken a lot of effort. Cad even approved of the bit where he told Fallon to shut up. After all someone had to say it. Idés defence and plea made sense. It even served to turn the heat of the room down a bit. He could feel it. The anger disappearing, suddenly bringing to light the real issues, the fear that had been looming over them for over a week now.

As the house was filled, it made sense to offer Gwyn the couch. She could take it or leave it. But it had been the right thing to do. "It's fine with me," Cadmus said, glad that they had finally stopped yelling. He turned to Gwyn: "It's very nice to meet you, Gwyn" and he meant it, even if she was an annoying brat who thought her safety was more important than everyone else, she was still someone in need of help, "sit down and get something to eat." He gestured at the pizza on the dining table, then looked at Dominic. "Now shall we return to business?"
Cadmus
Cadmus

Indlæg af Fallon Søn Jan 08, 2023 3:24 pm

When Idés told him to shut up, Fallon might've realized he had yet again let his worry and emotions take overhand. So surprisingly, Fallon did what he was told and backed off, returning to his spot at the back of the room. He would talk about it with Idés later, maybe apologize too. He then remained quiet as the other spoke. He glanced around the room when different people spoke and occasionally would zone out a bit. He glanced at the pizza wondering if he should eat another slice but decided against it, one was enough and he was in no mood to eat.

Fallon didn't bother to answer when Dominic asked if everyone was cool wiht Gwyn staying at the headquarters. He didn't live here so he just simply thought he had no say in the matter. He glanced at the girl in question again. She hadn't taken his joke very well. but by the looks of it her baggage was probably more than Fallon even owned, but he would never say that. He did however like that she wasn't scared to speak up to Dominic.

Fallon glanced from Cadmus to Dominic when Cadmus asked if they should resume the meeting. He still didn't say anything, but waited for Dominic to speak. Fallon might not be the most serious person and he knew some people in this room thought he never was, but Fallon had his moments, at least he hoped he did. Like now, he was going to patiently listen to the rest of the meeting and try his best to bite back his tongue if he wanted to say anything that might not be very nice to say.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Gwyn Søn Jan 08, 2023 4:36 pm

It seemed like her little outburst had brought things from bad to worse and that might have been an understatement. She just had to let her mouth run before she thought her actions through, by the Gods. Worst of all was that she went off against the leader, so it seemed, and she had hit a nerve or two when she had argued against him. The anger that had come from him could have killed someone on sight if it were magic. He wouldn’t care if you died though, she told herself. Even though he was a stranger and she should not care about his words at all, it stung. Her words had also seemed to anger the man she had recognized to be Elite enough that he spoke up against her. Gwyn didn’t think she had been ever called naive or selfish before, but there was a first time for everything. To them she must look both those things, if not just a spoiled brat. His words made her feel a sense of shame, once again showing her that she really had to learn to keep her mouth in check when her emotions ran high. She didn’t respond to him, not knowing exactly what to say that would do her any good. Gwyn had never asked for being the reason someone else’s safety was being put on the line. What was known to her as the rebels seemed more like a refuge for all manner of people, one that was filled to the brim. A small kernel of panic started to rise again and she scolded herself for the tears she felt sting in her eyes. So unnecessary, she told herself whilst trying to will the stupid tears back into their tear ducts. She would not cry here, not now and preferably not ever.

When Idés had gotten in between them, she let him. Hoping she would not do anything rash anymore that would jeopardize Idés’ credibility here or her own chance of a safe haven for the time being. The interaction between the two men was brief and Gwyn thought she saw some of his anger dissipate during their conversation. When the leader, Dominic apparently,  said she could stay, it surprised her enough that she looked up at him. Even after what she had said, he let her stay? The couch wasn’t ideal but Gwyn knew she should not look a gifted horse in the mouth and be very, very grateful. So she nodded towards Dominic.
‘’I…’’ Gwyn started, trying to search for the best words to relay what she wanted to say. ‘’Thank you.’’ She said eventually, maybe not as friendly as she should have but she hoped she made it clear enough for now that she was thankful. She owed an even bigger thanks to Idés. Though when Dominic asked if everyone was okay with her staying, she held her breath. She was afraid that someone would want her gone, understandably but it still made her heartbeat skyrocket. She had a lot of making up to do with everyone here. The Elite didn’t object about her staying, though she thought he of all would protest in the way they had interacted just before. The man that had been unpacking the groceries that Idés had brought had been silent throughout the shitstorm, but also didn’t mind her staying with them for the unseeing future. He was also the first person who said something to her that made her remotely think a bit better of the lot but Gwyn was sure that even he had a bad image of her too, due to her own making.

‘’Nice to meet you too.’’ Gwyn replied to him with a nod and when the man offered her some of the pizza that had been laid out on the table, Gwyn remembered she hadn’t gotten around to eat this morning. Her eyes briefly went to the blonde man, Fallon, who was also sitting at the table. How would they look at her if she sat down and took a slice, even though it was offered, since their resources weren’t big to begin with. ‘’Thank you for the offer but I… I uhm..’’  Feeling out of place again, and a bit hopeless she looked at Idés. Did he think she should accept the offer or stay where she was and make herself as invisible as possible for as long as their meeting would last. While she was still debating, the man had looked at Dominic and asked if they could return to business. In the end, the thought of her sitting down at the table and eating their food didn’t sit well with her, so she stayed where she was. Knowing this meeting wasn’t really for her ears to be heard, she instead tried to go over everything that had happened in her head. Hoping that she might start to remember more of her meeting with the Godia from the morning, to the discussions just now that were partially her fault, so she could see the errors in her foul behavior.
Gwyn
Gwyn

Indlæg af Idés Søn Jan 08, 2023 5:28 pm

Idés nodded understandingly – he knew she was his responsibility. And he just knew Gwyn wouldn’t purposefully try to put these people in harm's way. He breathed a sigh of relief when no one actually objected to the solution. That at least meant one less thing to worry about, though he felt he owed everyone in the room a giant apology – no one in this room deserved the rant she had just gone on, least of all Cassius. But that was mending to be done later, as there still was a meeting to finish. “Thank you, Dom. Truly.” There was genuine gratitude in his voice as he spoke, slumping back against the counter as he finally allowed himself to relax just a little.

He looked at Cadmus when he started speaking and couldn’t help but smile just a little. Of course it was he who decided to smooth things along – and bid Gwyn welcome, no less. What a kind man, Idés thought to himself. It was a trait he admired a lot in him in a lot of ways, always giving people the benefit of the doubt. They could probably all stand to learn a thing or two from him. There would be few issues in a world run like that.

“Yes, that would probably be wise,” Idés agreed with a nod. He still hadn’t been filled in on what he had missed in his short absence – but something told him it was best not to ask again.
Idés
Idés

Indlæg af Dominic Søn Jan 08, 2023 6:18 pm

Honest to Iosta, it was nice to hear Cassius scolding Gwyn as well. Not because Dominic didn't think he would do a well enough job of that himself, but because he at least wasn't alone with being harsh on the new girl. That was were he and Cassius would always connect - they always had each other's back, defending each other. A powerful duo, really. One could almost feel bad for Gwyn if one wasn't so irritated by her.
Okay, maybe Dominic did feel a bit bad. When she teared up a bit and then when she looked surprised that he would actually let her stay. She was suddenly less of a spoiled brat and more of a sweet girl who just needed help.
Not that Dominic would admit that thought to anyone, especially not after how she had reacted. And her looking sweet didn't change the fact that she was a huge burden who also had cussed out the people who now were forced to help her. So when she thanked him - not even that friendly by the way - he simply scoffed at her, making it sure that he didn't care for her thankfulness. He did it for Idés, not for her.
So when Idés thanked him, he softened up a bit. It also helped that Cadmus welcomed Gwyn. Someone probably had to and it wasn't going to be Dominic. Gwyn didn't seem to know if she should say yes to the pizza or not and Dominic managed to not roll his eyes.
"Great," he said in regards to continuing the meeting, "Idés, Gwyn, grab some pizza and a seat."
He decided to sit on one of the barstools as well, still facing the center of the main room. He crossed his arms again, but this time it wasn't as tense.
The meeting started again and Dominic talked more calmy, more controlled. He had gotten a hold of his anger again and was actually calmer than before because now he had had a reason to break some of the tension he felt inside of him. He should almost thank the new girl for that - which of course was thought sarcastically.
"As I was saying before - It's been confirmed within our group that none of our active members were behind the murder of the crown prince. Who did it, we have no idea of, but with such a public way of displaying the murder, then there's reason to assume that this is only the beginning."
It was a disgusting thing to think about. The chance of a murderer waiting to strike again. Dominic felt nauseous when talking about it.
"Before that happens again - which it hopefully won't but we really don't know - we need to consider whether or not we should actively distance us from the murder. Or things might only turn out for the worse for us. More so than it already has."
He looked around at the members. Then he shrugged, not really as relaxed as he might had wanted it to be.
"Now, I have no fucking clue how we're going to do that, being that we can't make any public statements without the Godia Warriors coming for our heads. But I wanted to discuss it with you guys before dismissing it completely. So - any thoughts?"
He looked around to see if anyone raised their hands. If so, he would let them speak.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Cassius Man Jan 09, 2023 3:23 pm

Cassius did notice that it seemed like his words had made the newcomer fighting back tears. He did feel a little bad for seemingly making her cry, however if she was going to stay with them she would need to hear that cold truth. Innocent naivety was dangerous in this world, Cassius had seen it before. He shook his head as to shake away thoughts. Once Cadmus asked if they should resume the meeting, Cassius demeanor changed. He now seemed more professional and serious as if he went into business mode again.

When Dominic spoke again, Cassius looked at him. The talk about the murderer striking again gave Cassius a nauseous sinking feeling in his gut. It was very realistically possible considering the nature of the murder and the aftermath they are now seeing.Dominic continued by asking whether or not they should take action. Cassius knew that they couldn't sit still least of all now. They had to get louder, more visible to show that it wasn't the EFA behind it, that that wasn't how they did things. But, how could they do that without threatening the safety of the members? Cassius didn't respond as he was too busy trying to figure something out.
Cassius
Cassius

Indlæg af Cadmus Ons Jan 11, 2023 4:41 pm

He appreciated that they were finally done yelling. Especially because the Gwyn-girl had looked awfully close to crying, and Cadmus had started feeling a bit sorry for her. Idés probably hadn't been able to fill her in fully, and how could she have known, that the feared terrorist group was a group of scared refugees? That, and he had felt her gratitude when Dominic had said she could stay. It meant something, to know that she meant her thanks. If she really was wanted by the government, that made her one of them. A couple of days with them, and she would hopefully see that too. So, he sent her a friendly smile when she returned the greeting and returned to his seat.

"I meant it," he said, when she looked unsure about his pizza offer. As he was the one who had paid for the food, he didn't feel bad offering it up. Especially since it had barely been touched. Such a shame, he thought, if it was all going to waste. When Idés backed his proposal, he smiled at that too, and returned to eating the remaining two sliced on his place, as quietly as possible, as to not disturb Dominic who had begun speaking again. Even Dom seemed to have tensed down a little.  

Only the beginning. The thought of more murders, like the one that had already happened, was extremely disturbing. He, like everyone else, would have liked to know who was behind it. For a moment he considered it a ploy by the Enferi, an excuse to go all out on their Nachon hunting. Even if it did, at that moment seem plausible, he couldn't fail to notice the conspiratorial sound of it. It was almost too mad.

"I agree, but how?" He said, concerning Dom's talk of distancing themselves from the murder. While it was certain that it wouldn't solve all their problems; or very many to be honest, it was still an action. It meant doing something. But how? One couldn't very well go up to a journalist with a; Hi I am from the EFA, and we are not actually a terrorist group. We didn't kill the crown prince. Hopefully someone else had a plan.
Cadmus
Cadmus

Indlæg af Sponsoreret inhold

Sponsoreret inhold

Side 1 af 2 1, 2  Næste

Tilbage til toppen

- Lignende emner

Forumtilladelser: