» Damage Control [EFA meeting]
I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] EmptyTirs Maj 14, 2024 2:27 pm af Cassius

» Welfare Check [Fallon & Idés]
I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] EmptySøn Maj 12, 2024 10:45 pm af Fallon

» Something is still wrong with you [Cad & Gwyn]
I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] EmptyOns Maj 08, 2024 9:04 pm af Gwyn

» EFA.ExitingFucksAwait.the-official-unofficial-fan-site.Ilomar.com
I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] EmptyOns Maj 08, 2024 6:41 pm af Cadmus

» Sightseeing has never been this illegal (DAVON AND MELODY)
I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] EmptyMan Maj 06, 2024 3:31 pm af Melody

» Quotes to live laugh love by
I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] EmptyLør Maj 04, 2024 8:21 pm af Dominic

Top posting users this week
Cassius
I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] I_vote_lcapI'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] I_voting_barI'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] I_vote_rcap 
Idés
I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] I_vote_lcapI'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] I_voting_barI'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] I_vote_rcap 
Cadmus
Gwyn
Gavin

I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn]

2 deltagere

Go down

I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] Empty I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn]

Indlæg af Gwyn Søn Jan 01, 2023 10:00 pm

Her heart was beating violently in her throat, her breath came out ragged and her mind was running a million miles an hour. One by one, memories of what had happened this morning came back to her. Gwyn had thought that after her encounter with the Godia at the greenery, that  would have been the end of it. She had –in her opinion– given sufficient proof, or resources for that proof, that she had no knowledge about the murder, nor anything to do with it. And yet, it wasn’t over. The last thing she would ever expect had happened. They had paid her another visit, they had come to her home.

That fact alone was bad, that meant she was somehow on their radar even with a solid alibi. What was even worse was that one of her roommates had opened the door when the Godia had come by in the morning, while Gwyn had been in her room unassumingly packing her tote for the day. She took care to put in some extra snacks –mostly nuts and dried fruits– for Idés, she could drop those by during her break. Only when she had come out of her room, ready to head to her first class, had seen the male Godia standing in their doorway loomingly and Gwyn had known the trouble was far from over. Now all of her roommates knew a Godia had come by their house to question Gwyn about the murder and she was sure that by noon, half of campus would know too. She had been avoided before, but that would rise to a whole new level. Even if she tried to spin the rumors and make it as the Godia had come to her for help, that she was aiding their investigation, no one would believe her word, she thought.

Was Gwyn supposed to  be in her practice class at the moment? Yes, she was. Did her not going to class probably fuel up some rumors? Probably, yes. However, could she handle any  mentally class right now? No, she couldn’t. So Gwyn went to the only person she could go to at any given time. Well not exactly at any given time during the day but more like that Idés was the only one she went to with her problems. She wasn’t able to think straight or logically but she hoped that he could. Idés was smart, he could come up with a way out of the mess she had gotten herself into, unintentionally. If only she had kept her attitude in check, if only if she had just been a meek obedient lamb then this would not be happening.

She wasn’t sure if she was running or hurrying, only that her body hadn’t had this kind of exercise in a long time. Buildings passed in a blur while her feet brought her to what was her safe haven automatically. She knew Idés would be at the lab, he basically lived there. He just had to be here, she needed him there. Before she knew it, Gwyn had reached the labs. Frantically she searched for her keycard in her coat pockets, the pockets of her hoodie. Cursing softly when she wasn’t able to find it immediately. Sagging with relief when she felt the keycard, she hastingly swiped it against the sensor next to the door. Not even waiting for it to fully open, Gwyn slipped inside the building and ran to Idés’ lab, where she was sure he was busy with work. Reaching for the doorknob as soon as it was in reach, Gwyn threw the door open and hurried inside.

‘’Idés!’’ She yelled but when what she saw connected to her brain, she found his lab empty. Her heart sank deep, deep down. Where was Idés? More panic had started settling in. Had the Godia gone to Idés too? Had they taken him? She couldn’t think of any other reason as to why he was not in his lab. A sob escaped as Gwyn took out her phone, searching for her chat with Idés and sent him a text.

Des, where are you?!

Now she had to await his reply. Gwyn looked around, noticing the windows that lined the wall facing the hallway. If another Godia came by because they wanted to take her, she was in plain sight. Underneath the windows stood a low cabinet, and between that cabinet and the wall was some space. Enough space for Gwyn to hide, so she did just that.

It might have been a little overboard to hide, to be this panicky but her brain just wouldn’t let her feel anything else than panic and anxiety. It wouldn’t calm down and neither would her heart. Even though she was sitting on the floor, it still felt like it wanted to jump out of her chest and flee far far away from the whole situation that she and her stupid mouth had created. So much for feeling smug back then.
Time either flew by, or crawled by, Gwyn wasn’t sure since she was so into her own head she hadn’t noticed time. But when she heard hurried footsteps in the hallway, she made herself stop breathing, afraid that it would give her hiding spot away. What if it’s a Godia, she wondered when she bit her lip. But what if it’s Idés, another more hopeful part wondered. So when the door opened and the footsteps brought a person in, Gwyn dared to peek from behind her hiding spot. Relief flooded through her body and she couldn’t stop the sob that escaped with it.
‘’Des,’’ She softly said as she started to come out of her hiding spot, ‘’I think I’m in trouble.’’
Gwyn
Gwyn

Number of posts : 124

Tilbage til toppen Go down

I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn] Empty Sv: I'm in trouble... [Idés & Gwyn]

Indlæg af Idés Søn Jan 01, 2023 10:49 pm

Idés was wrecked with anxiety after the visit from the Godia, which was why he had made the decision to get to the EFA meeting as early as he possibly could. He had immediately gone back to his apartment to gather the things that he needed - the zeals he had stored away a few weeks ago, some important papers, an overview of the research he was doing, and anything else that might be interesting to share with the other members. He hurried through the parking lot, rummaging his pockets for his carkeys. It was then that he realized that he had left both them and the newly exposed zeals back at the lab. He swore as he turned on his feet and made his way back towards campus.

He lit a cigarette on the way, practically inhaling it in one breath. His heart pounded in his chest. The Godia was bad news. They had already questioned Gwyn once and them coming to his lab today had implications that he did not like at all. It was a matter of time before they had something they could actually pin down on him and he was sure of it. Part of him had already known that his fate would most likely be at the hands of the authorities one day – it was a fact he had known since he was really quite a young teen. But this was too soon, not when he was this close to a breakthrough. And not when the EFA was as in such a vulnerable position. But honestly, he may not even be in the searchlight – it was probably all a formality and he was just freaking out over nothing. Either way, he needed the clarity that came with talking to some like minded people who knew what was at stake. Both for them and for him. He needed a proper gameplan to deal with the general increased security on campus.

He put out his cigarette before throwing it in a bin. Then he scanned himself into the science building and hurried to his lab.

And that was why Idés now stood in his trench coat with a duffel bag over his shoulder, looking dumbfounded at Gwyn crouched behind a cabinet. Hadn’t he canceled for today? The girl looked white as a sheet, so something was definitely very wrong. And was she hiding from something? “Gwyn? What are you doing here?”
He dropped the duffelbag and went to help her to her feet.
Idés
Idés

Number of posts : 212

Indlæg af Gwyn Man Jan 02, 2023 2:30 pm

Gwyn might have gripped Idés’ hand a bit too tight when he helped her to her feet, but she needed the touch of someone safe to ground herself and not to spiral into a sobbing, useless mess. She was a big girl, she could master her anxiety and panic for now. Maybe later, when she was alone and felt safe again, she’d cry a bit over everything. That’s why she kept holding onto Idés’ hands when she was standing again, to anchor herself. The scent of cigarettes was in the air around them, had he smoked? She hadn’t smelled the scent on him in a while and in her theory he only smoked when he was stressed out. Has something happened to the Zeal? Or to him?

‘’I didn’t know where else to go.’’ She answered softly but honestly, because that was what it was. The plain, honest truth. Besides Idés, she had no one else to turn to. Sure she had her family and friends from her former life but they knew nothing of the Warlock world like a Warlock did. Her family would just pat her head and tell her everything would be okay, her friends would tell her to flee the country and move to Ydisia, marry a fine rich man and live the rest of her life without worry in a beachside villa with more bedrooms than one could ever need. Neither advice would do her good. What she needed was a –somewhat– rational thinking person who could actually help her, she needed Idés. He would come up with something.
‘’They came by, Des. One of them came to my house, asked me questions like I’m a criminal while my roommates were still home.’’ The aghast looks on her roommates faces surfaced to her memory. They almost looked scared, they probably thought they had a criminal in their midst. It wouldn’t come to a surprise if they wanted her out of their dorm, but where would she live then? She couldn’t afford a place to herself, not unless she took out a loan and worked multiple jobs but what bank gives a loan to a jobless student? None.

‘’I was scared and I just couldn’t think straight anymore, so I came to the labs hoping you were here.. I texted you when I found the lab empty.’’ Her eyes drifted to the duffel bag she had seen him drop to the ground before he had helped her up. ‘’Were you going somewhere?’’ Gwyn asked, ‘’Did I interrupt you going somewhere?’’ She bit her lip and finally let go of Idés. Rubbing her arm, she suddenly felt a bit cold. A quick look told her that she had forgotten her jacket in her haste to get to Idés. She was only wearing a slightly cropped short sleeve shirt, a pair of jeans and some boots. The heater in the lab was rarely on –mostly because Idés forgot– so she always took a cardigan or jacket with her to the labs. Maybe she shouldn’t have gone to Idés, but rather the dean. It was his responsibility to take care of the students, not Idés’.
Gwyn
Gwyn

Indlæg af Idés Man Jan 02, 2023 4:09 pm

Oh no. Fuck. Crap, crap, crap – this was. Bad. Very bad. Idés frowned deeply, positively horrified at this prospect. He had been so caught up in the stress of his own questioning that he had completely neglected to worry about the questions they had about Gwyn. And if she had been questioned too, it was definitely reasonable to think she was in actual danger. Perhaps even more than he was? For a good moment his words didn’t quite catch up with his thoughts. Then she let go of his hands, and only then did he really notice how cold she was. He took off his coat and handed it to her. “Don’t worry about it, I can be late,” he said. He both could and couldn’t. But this was top priority for now, he felt too responsible for her safety.

“This is, uh. Bad for sure,” he nodded. “I mean, you obviously didn’t kill anyone. But, uhm. Hm.” His words seemed to fail. How much could he tell her? “What I’m trying to say is that the Godia came to question me as well earlier today,” he elaborated. “Which isn’t good either. Being questioned never is, but it goes without saying that I’d come up in their search light eventually, given my field of work, but you…” he paused again. He had a feeling of what they might be suspecting. It made sense, her powers hadn’t manifested properly yet and there was no way of knowing that she wasn’t… well, Nachon. Something that would undoubtedly get her killed.

He rubbed the back of his neck, wrecking his brain for one simple explanation that wasn’t what he was fearing the most.
“Tell me, what did they ask you exactly?”
Idés
Idés

Indlæg af Gwyn Man Jan 02, 2023 5:04 pm

Gwyn noticed his frown, and she couldn’t help but feel a little guilty for saddling her problems on his back. When he gave her his coat she thanked him with a little smile and put her arms through the sleeves, savoring the lingering warmth of Idés’ body from the fabric. He said he could be late to whatever he had been going to, but she doubted that he wanted to be late. She had never experienced Idés being late for anything, by accident or purpose.

Gwyn listened to Idés talk, and nodded when he said that she obviously hadn’t killed anybody. Heck, she could hardly kill a fly or a spider. The latter because she found the critters absolutely disgusting and scary, the former bcs they little fuckers were too quick. How could she ever kill –and disembody– a full grown warlock? However when Idés admitted that Godia warriors had paid him a visit too, Gwyn felt what little color she had left fall from her face.. They had come for him too, but was that because of her? Surely what Idés said made sense but she could not help but feel responsible for him being questioned. At him pausing, Gwyn looked up at the man. What was he about to say? That it was odd for her to be questioned by the Godia? When he asked her what she had been asked exactly, Gwyn bit her lip and felt a bit ashamed. She didn’t remember a lot, for now at least but there wasn’t a whole lot of useful things she could start telling.

‘’I…’’ Gwyn started, trying her best for the memories to resurface, ‘’I don’t remember much of it now. Not the first time my brain’s blocking memories from me.’’ That second sentence came out with a mirthless laugh. Her brain has been blocking the memories from her first six years, never letting anything leak past its iron wall of stubbornness. So where some people might remember childhood friends and birthday parties, Gwyn had zilch. A black hole filled with question marks.

‘’I think he asked if I had a certificate with me? Or some other sort of document to verify me being a Kirsha.. I told him I didn’t because I don’t remember getting one after I left the test center.’’ Which was odd, because she felt like she should have gotten one or at least a mark in her passport to verify her as Kirsha. ‘’Then he asked me the last time I used my powers and I told him I hadn’t used my power since the manifestation because I couldn’t reach them..’’ Now that she looked back at the conversation, she did look some sort of guilty.
‘’I’m sorry Idés. I can’t remember much else.. Maybe later..’’ She let her head hang as she stared at the floor. ‘’What do I do now? I’m not sure I’m still welcome in my dorm,  I can’t afford a place on my own and I can’t just quit school..’’
Gwyn
Gwyn

Indlæg af Idés Man Jan 02, 2023 9:02 pm

Idés’ frown deepened as she explained. It seemed to confirm his sneaking suspicion, which meant living situations at the dorms and her studies were the least of her worries for now. “Gwyn, I think they might suspect you of being, well…” he paused for a moment. “Well. Nachon.”

He scratched the back of his head while wrecking his brain for a way to fix this. If they did suspect her, which they definitely did, it wouldn’t be long till they had reason to take her in for further questioning. And if they did, she would have to manifest her powers and if she failed, well… he didn’t want to think down that road. “Which means we need to get you to safety. But, uh.” He stopped dead in his tracks. He hadn’t even realized he had been pacing around in circles.

He knew only one place he could take her and that certainly wouldn’t go down well with Dominic. He could mend that, probably, but what about her reaction to being placed into a pack of criminals? There was a lot he would need to explain as well - information that would without a doubt be sensitive. Could he really trust her not to go to the authorities? Something told him yes, but that was just a hunch. But what other choice was there?

He looked her dead in the eyes, swallowing the lump that was seemingly forming in his throat.  “I might have a place you can go, Gwyn. But I need to know that you trust me – and that you’re going to be doing as you’re told, at least for the time being.”
Idés
Idés

Indlæg af Gwyn Ons Jan 04, 2023 8:33 pm

Surely she must have heard incorrectly, because there was no way –absolutely no fucking way– that what she heard Idés say had come out of his mouth. Her, a Nachon. No fucking way in Tarron's hells. It just couldn’t be. The center had tested her, they had dubbed her Kirsha. She can’t be a Nochan. She would probably not even stand here if that was the case. Growing up, Gwyn didn’t dig much into Warlock related stuff, why would she when there were cute boys to fawn over, but she had learned the basics during school. Nachons rarely lived a long life.

‘’You’re kidding,’’ Gwyn started softly, ‘’right?’’
There was no doubt in her mind that she wasn’t a Nochan but was that the reason why they had come back to question her again this morning? Wasn’t her saying she was a Kirsha to that first Godia enough? Or did that one doubt her because she hadn’t mentioned an element with it? Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods. Gwyn never was religious, hardly knew which God belonged where, but at that moment she silently prayed to any good-willed God that wanted to listen to hear pleas. Idés talking about needing to get her to safety –and his nervous pacing– did little to calm her, despite her knowing she couldn’t really stay here and yet, she still thought about school.

‘’ B-but what about school? What about my classes, the tuition money I have paid in full? I can’t just stay away, it’s too much money to suddenly quit!’’ She put both her hands in her hair and let out a frustrated huff. If her brain just could be logic for one second and just accept the fact that school was over if she wanted to be safe but nooo it had to think about all the money she had spent, her own life savings, to afford the education. However when Idés looked her dead in the eyes, all thoughts halted as if her brain knew that what he was about to say needed her full attention.

He knew a safe place, Idés could help her to safety. So she nodded, she trusted Idés to know what was best to do. That second part, she could not fully promise to do yet. She wouldn’t do anything that was against her moral code, or if it seemed too outrageous to her but she decided not to tell Idés that. Not because she didn’t trust him, but because she was afraid that if she said so he wouldn’t risk wherever this place was.
‘’I trust you.’’ Gwyn said as she looked straight back at him.
Gwyn
Gwyn

Indlæg af Idés Ons Jan 04, 2023 8:59 pm

He nodded. “Right. Good. That’s good. I just need to grab a few things first, then we’ll be on our way – we’re going to Errast. Do you have anything you need to get from your dorm? This might be the last time you’ll be here for a good long while,” he spoke seriously, as he opened the lid to the EZPAC and started packing away the newly exposed Zeals into a brown wooden box. “Clothing, entertainment, anything you might miss. Be mindful, though, there’s not much room. Warm clothes too, it can get cold.”

He placed the box into the duffel bag and zipped it closed, before grabbing his car keys on his work table. “We’re going to tell the school board you’re taking a sabbatical to focus on your mental health, that way the Godia won’t come around here looking for you anywhere in the near future. They will at some point figure out that you’re missing, though – but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.” He flung the duffel bag over his shoulder, after double checking if he really had everything.

Then he looked at Gwyn, his eyes softening with sympathy. This wasn’t her fault, after all. And now her whole life was about to change, once again, because of a rigid outdated system based on nothing. “I really am sorry about this. This whole country is screwed up, really. But there's good people there, I promise.” He sighed. “I’ll give you a moment to go pack your stuff. Meet me in the parking lot?”
Idés
Idés

Indlæg af Gwyn Ons Jan 04, 2023 9:52 pm

Gwyn was equal parts surprised and thankful. Surprised because Idés had never talked to her this much at once, thankful because the man seemed to be able to come up with a solid plan when she couldn’t. She did frown a little when he mentioned Erast, she heard all the general talk about that part of the city but she had never been there before. Where she had always found it thrilling to explore another city, especially those in other countries, she never felt the urge to go to Erast. Another thing that she hadn’t thought of, stuff she might need. She probably wouldn’t go back to her dorm for a long while. She watched Idés packing away Zeals as she made a mental list of what was most important, hoping she would remember it all and not forget anything with her scattered brain.

Okay, so firstly I need to pack my toiletries, must not forget any step of my skincare, was the first thing she thought of. Naturally she’d pack various types of clothing, underwear, maybe two pairs of pajamas and her charger. A book wouldn’t hurt either, neither would her laptop. She kept on thinking about what to take with her as Idés explained his solution for her short term absence. Why didn’t I think of that, Gwyn thought to herself. She might just ask Idés to transfer some of his brain cells to her because hers seemed to be unqualified for clear thinking in dire situations. It was true that her mental health had been taking a dive for the worst ever since she started attending class, so it was the perfect excuse for now, they’d worry about her longer than planned absence later.

When he looked at her again Gwyn saw his eyes soften and she gave him a little smile. It broke her heart a little that he apologized, even when it was her who might have partially started this mess for herself to begin with but he was very much correct about the whole country being screwed up, she knew that much even as a former human.
‘’Can’t you drive to my dorm to pick me up?’’ She countered when Idés suggested meeting at the parking lot. ‘’I’ll try not to take too much, but it might just still be alot and the parking lot isn’t super close to my dorm.’’ There was a sudden moment of clarity to her mind, long enough for her to think a bit rationally too. ‘’Besides, won’t anyone find it suspicious if they suddenly saw me hauling my stuff over campus so short after being interrogated?’’ She made her way to the door before giving Idés what she hoped to be a smile. ‘’Meet me there in half an hour, text me as soon as you arrive.’’

Gwyn walked as fast as she could, without seeming to be in a hurry, to her dorm. All the while she kept relaying her packing list over and over again, making sure she wouldn’t forget anything. As if the Gods were with her for once, her dorm was thankfully empty. She didn’t linger too long but instead made a beeline towards her room and pulled her suitcase out of its spot. Gwyn laid it on her bed before zipping it open. First she was going to pack her skincare, haircare, brush, toothbrush and paste and shower necessities. She grabbed some toilet bags from a drawer which she kept full of junk and ran towards her bathroom. She blindly shoved it all in the bags, not caring if it was done neatly. Time was not really on her side. Secondly she gathered some makeup, shoved it in the toilet bag with most space in it and put those into her suitcase. Next she grabbed a travelbag for her underwear. Gwyn didn’t know how long she’d be gone or if there was a chance to do her laundry wherever she was going, so she took more than she would for a two week vacation. She included some normal and thermal socks in there too. The next travel bag consisted of her clothing. Thinner and lighter clothing for when it would be warm, thermals to layer and more winterlike clothing because Idés warned her that it might be cold. Her favorite sweatpants and hoodies were also packed, together with three pajamas –two oversized shirt and biker shirt combos, one flannel pajama– and her favorite and warmest shawl, just to be sure. Her favorite boots and another pair of sneakers were thrown in there too. She mentally checked her list. What else, besides entertainment, did she forget? Hair ties! She really needed either hair ties and scrunchies. Grabbing a handful of each, she shoved them into whatever bag she managed to grab first.
‘’Alright Gwyn,’’ the girl muttered to herself, ‘’laptop, chargers and a few books and then we might be good to go.’’ She quickly grabbed her laptop bag, shoved her beloved companion in it, together with its charger and that of her phone. She’d die if she ran out of battery… Or she would’ve before. Gwyn wasn’t sure of what use her phone would be in the foreseeing future besides entertainment. She grabbed her current read of the table next to her bed, along with two others she had yet to read. Taking one more look, Gwyn noticed her pillow and the little plush rabbit her grandmother had bought her as a kid, she decided she might need that comfort from home and grabbed both. Those were going with her too. Quickly grabbing the biggest shopping bag they owned, she put her pillow in it and in the end also a teddy blanket. It’s probably too much, Gwyn thought as she looked at the clock on the wall. Idés would be there any moment, time head really raced past. Deciding she had everything she needed, she started heading to the door with her luggage and put on two coats, because you’d never know when she needed a warmer one. Her phone pinged, indicating she had received a text. Idés. Just when she was about to open the front door, something suddenly hit her. ‘’MY BIRTH CONTROL!’’ Gwyn yelled as she sprinted towards her bathroom, opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed the tiny box, shoving it in the pocket of her coat. It was not like she took it to prevent pregnancy perse, it was because it lessened her symptoms whenever her period came around. She ran back to the front door, opened it and pushed her luggage to it, hurrying her way to Idés’ car.
Gwyn
Gwyn

Indlæg af Idés Ons Jan 04, 2023 10:28 pm

Idés was waiting in his car. It was small, black, dirty, smelled vaguely like cigarettes, and really quite looked like something that could break down any moment. But it got the job done the few times he needed it – and wouldn’t get stolen while parked somewhere in Erast. Besides, it used to be the family car, back when such a thing had been necessary. He couldn’t really bring himself to get rid of it, trashy as it might be.

The window was rolled down as he sat smoking out of it. Some news was playing on the radio – he changed the channel as soon as the topic shifted to the dead prince. He wasn’t in the mood. The sour news anchor was exchanged for some entirely forgettable pop music. Just some white noise to soothe his stressed brain. His fingers tapped away at the steering wheel. He could really use a drink – or something stronger. But he had to keep his mind clear for now. He eyed the clock. The meeting started a few minutes ago. His phone vibrated, lighting up with a message from Fallon asking where he was. There were more than a few typos, but that wasn’t surprising. He didn’t answer, they’d all find out soon enough what had been keeping him.

He exited the car when he saw Gwyn exit the dorms, stepping out his cigarette. He went and opened the trunk for her, eyeing the size of her bag. He didn’t say anything, though, they’d learn to manage. He closed the trunk once everything had been settled in. “Well, let’s go then,” he concluded, getting back into the car, setting it into drive as soon as they were both seated. “The journey isn’t really that long. But we will need to park a little out of the way and walk via the back-roads to the house. It's not ideal with your stuff, of course, but it's just for safety reasons,” he said, finding it easier to start briefing her rather than to just sit in tense silence. “The place we’re going to, it’s called the EFA. I need to speak to the leader there first. He’s a tad bit stubborn, but he’s a good man, he wouldn’t kick you to the curb.” He paused, what else was there to say? “Oh. There’s a meeting when we get there, an important one. It’s been a bit tense, you know, after the death of the prince. But it’ll be fine – like I said, they’re good people.”

He trailed off, trying to think of something more to add but came up pretty blank. Anxiety and stress seemed to be catching up to him. It seemed to turn to anger in his stomach – his powerlessness, the cruelty of it all, and the fact that the Godia would still be around on campus seemed to be getting under his skin. But he tried not to let it show. He quite honestly could not wait for this day to be over.

The houses got more crooked, smaller and more unkept the closer they got to the heart of Erast, and soon he pulled the car over. “We’ll walk the rest of the way from here.”
Idés
Idés

Indlæg af Sponsoreret inhold

Sponsoreret inhold

Tilbage til toppen

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum