Jeg har glemt mit kodeord. Send nyt kodeord via email

Tidsplan
Seneste emner
» Beneath the Light of Iosta [Gavin & Nitrius]
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptyOns Maj 15, 2024 12:51 pm af Gavin

» Ideas and scene requests
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptyTirs Maj 14, 2024 11:41 pm af Cadmus

» Distorted Memories Of A Scarred Soul
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptyTirs Maj 14, 2024 11:04 pm af Cassius

» Damage Control [EFA meeting]
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptyTirs Maj 14, 2024 2:27 pm af Cassius

» Welfare Check [Fallon & Idés]
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptySøn Maj 12, 2024 10:45 pm af Fallon

» Something is still wrong with you [Cad & Gwyn]
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptyOns Maj 08, 2024 9:04 pm af Gwyn

» EFA.ExitingFucksAwait.the-official-unofficial-fan-site.Ilomar.com
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptyOns Maj 08, 2024 6:41 pm af Cadmus

» Sightseeing has never been this illegal (DAVON AND MELODY)
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptyMan Maj 06, 2024 3:31 pm af Melody

» Quotes to live laugh love by
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] EmptyLør Maj 04, 2024 8:21 pm af Dominic

Top posting users this week
Cassius
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] I_vote_lcapUsing one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] I_voting_barUsing one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] I_vote_rcap 
Idés
Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] I_vote_lcapUsing one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] I_voting_barUsing one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] I_vote_rcap 
Gwyn
Gavin
Cadmus

Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic]

2 deltagere

Go down

Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] Empty Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic]

Indlæg af Fallon Tirs Jan 10, 2023 11:37 am

A few days after the meeting

Time: Early afternoon, Weather: Sunny

Fallon glanced at himself in the hallway mirror. The hallway was more like the area right next to the door leading into what seemed like a tiny old living room. There were barely any furniture in the small room, a sofa and a table that looked like they should have been switched out ten years ago. The kitchen of his apartment was just like a tiny broom closet, only for a small stove and sink, as well as barely a counter surface. Over the counter and sink was a cabinet. Fallon's bedroom was just an old mattress in an alcove with a curtain. The mirror was somewhat dirty, and the few surfaces in the apartment were dusty; he was pretty sure he had seen a dust bunny here and there on the floor earlier. Fallon should probably take a cleaning day soon.

He stared at his reflection again, he looked somewhat tired and a little hungover. Well, that wasn't much of a surprise, as Fallon had been drinking the night before. Fallon was more often out drinking than staying in for the night. He loved the distraction that came with the buzzing feeling of alcohol and a stranger's attention.  He couldn't bear staring at himself anymore, so he just turned off the lights, put on his shoes, and went through the door. He locked the door behind him before leaving the building. He could wait for Dominic outside instead of standing next to that gross mirror. Once outside, Fallon had to shield his eyes from the glaring spring sun as it irritated his eyes and was about to give him a headache. He was slowly starting to regret his decisions from the night before.

The reason Fallon was waiting for Dominic of all people was that Fallon had agreed to help out the EFA by talking to a supplier who seemed nervous about the current state of their society. Fallon often helped the EFA with things that required a certain amount of charms, which honestly speaking Dominic didn't seem to possess an ounce of. He also sometimes used his powers to temporarily help people with the little he knew about and could control his powers. Fallon started to dig through his pockets in search of his sunglasses, the sun was getting too annoying. He found them quickly and put them on. Now all he had to do was wait for Dominic to arrive.
Fallon
Fallon

Number of posts : 40

Tilbage til toppen Go down

Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] Empty Sv: Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic]

Indlæg af Dominic Tirs Jan 10, 2023 3:03 pm

Dominic really didn't look forward to this meeting. Not because of the meeting in itself although of course it did worry him that Eric wanted to drop out of their deal, the deal that gave them water to the fabric building they lived in for a fairly low price, due to all of this bad press about the EFA. Eric didn't believe the press of course or at least he didn't care whether it was true or not, but he feared that the Godia Warriors would be able to link the EFA to him and then it wasn't worth the money to risk it. At least he had agreed to meet about a possible new deal but he seemed to had make up his mind; he didn't want to work with the EFA anymore. So yes, this meeting would be rough, but Dominic was used to that and had seen it coming, so that wasn't the reason why he resented the fact that he had to go to it. The reason for that was the man he had to do the meeting with. Fallon.

It wasn't random that it was Fallon that should go with Dominic. Fallon was a good addition to the EFA due to his charisma and persuasions skills. That, and they might be able to offer Eric some sort of energy relief or advantage with Fallon's affinity as an Enferi. They had already suggested Cadmus' skills to the supplier but even though he wasn't against the existence of the Nachon Warlocks, he still didn't dare to have their powers used on him. So Fallon was the next best thing in that regard.
In regards to Dominic, he was the worst thing. Those two just had no way to be in the same room together without fighting. Fallon had this very rebellious mindset where every authority, no matter who, was bad. And, well, Dominic was the authority of EFA. Already there they didn't match. It didn't help that they both had a horrible temper and well-rehearsed ability to piss each other off. Every mission they had been on had ended with them arguing all the way home, even when the mission had been succesful - which it for the most part was, because even while bickering Dominic and Fallon knew how to get results.

They had agreed on meeting outside Fallon's building, since he lived between the EFA and Eric's office - which was just shed next to the building he lived in. Dominic was on his way now. The spring sun was surprisingly sharp today, maybe because Dominic had been up all night working, but then he could timely use his sunglasses to protect his eyes and to hide the bags under them. He held his jacket in his hand, having to take it off because it turned out to be too hot. It probably wasn't that hot in all of Ilomar City, but since the streets of Erast was so narrow, cramped and, honestly, polluted, the heat had a way of getting captured there, as if they lived in a greenhouse. It could almost feel like summer in there, but Dominic didn't mind that. Then he could convince himself that he was being healthy and getting some sunlight since he had a habit of getting cooped up inside the HQ.
He did make sure to blend in with everyone, not walking too fast nor too slow, not looking around too much but not keeping his glance stiff forward either. He had mastered the walk of the innocent, invisible man. He even relaxed by doing so. It was always nice when he had an excuse to be outside instead of just hiding. Except for all the noise of the people existing around him. He never missed that.

Speaking of someone he never missed. Dominic reached Fallon who had waited for him in front of his building. Before walking up to him and greeting him, he did a quick pep-talk in his mind to calm himself, as he could instantly feel the anger rush through him just by the sight of him. It didn't help that the last time they had seen each other was when Fallon had tried to tell Dominic off in front of everyone, including the new girl, at the meeting. Now, Dominic tried not to think about that, because then he surely wouldn't be able to keep his anger to himself. No, he had to keep himself together. So when he met Fallon and nodded as a greeting, it was with a typical manly emotional coldness.
"Hey," he said and really tried not to sound tense, but he didn't completely succeed. Whatever, Fallon wasn't stupid anyways. They both didn't like each other and they both knew it. "Ready to go?"
He was ready to go himself. Already turned towards the way they were supposed to go, one foot forward, ready to move on if Fallon would follow him.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Number of posts : 161

https://ilomar.forumotion.eu

Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic] Empty Sv: Using one's charm for the good of the people [Fallon and Dominic]

Indlæg af Fallon Tirs Jan 10, 2023 8:51 pm

Fallon had been spacing out, completely lost in thought, before being snapped back to reality by Dominic's aggravating voice. Fallon could feel anger and irritation grow inside him when he looked at the other man. He could hear the tenseness in the greeting. Fallon  blinked hard as he lifted his glasses and rubbed his eyes, trying to get the headache under control. "Hey" he finally greeted, almost as equally tense as Dominic, though you could hear the hint of annoyance in his voice. Fallon had never been good at hiding his emotions, they always seemed to find a way to seep out of him. "Yeah let's just go" He said in a somewhat grumpy way.

Fallon just brushed past Dominic towards the direction they were heading to, taking the lead. Fallon's walk was that of a confident man, a man who knew who he was and didn't worry about a single thing. The kind of man Fallon wished to be, fake it till you make it. Though he'd never show his true self to anyone. Fallon shook his head as to try to shake away the thoughts that seemed to bother him today, he was thinking way too much about the past today, which honestly Fallon did not like. He really could use a drink right now he thought as he took a deep breath, almost choking on the stale and hot air. Oh god he could smell the stinky streets through that breath. Why did it have to be so many people walking the streets today? Fallon could feel his headache worsen from the noises and the stale air. Now he regretted drinking last night a little bit more. Why had he even been drinking? Fallon couldn't even remember that.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Dominic Ons Jan 11, 2023 1:14 pm

Okay, so Fallon was clearly hungover and that made Dominic furious. Didn't he take this mission seriously? Didn't he know how important it was to get this right? Didn't he care about the well-beings of the refugees? Fallon might have been a great addition to the EFA with his charm and powers but he was so fucking reckless that it made Dominic's blood boil. Dominic could never imagine drinking the night before an important meeting. Also either Fallon had a horrible alcohol tolerance - which he did not, Dominic knew that - or he had been drinking all night to still be hungover by afternoon. A thought that didn't help Dominic's anger and he couldn't help shaking his head just a tiny bit while they were walking as he looked over at the hungover man beside him.
"You couldn't postpone the party 'till after the meeting?" he said, not being able to hide his irritation, "We need to be at our best behavior. With all the negative press around us, we don't need Eric to see us as some gang of troublesome youngsters. Or worse" Troublesome youngsters who were also killer of royals.
Dominic kept his practiced pace, walking through the cramped streets with Fallon, making sure to avoid bumping into someone. Both to avoid getting pickpocketed and to avoid someone getting mad at them and having a bad enough day to want to stab them. They would soon arrive at Eric's, a thought he tried to calm himself down with, and then Fallon would flash his charms and hopefully act nicely as he should.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Fallon Ons Jan 11, 2023 2:48 pm

Fallon rolled his eyes when Dominic asked him, wait more like confronted him about his hangover. Why did he have to care so much what Fallon did in his free time? It was not like he let it go so overboard he couldn’t do what was supposed of him. “I had a reason to drink yesterday so why not?” Fallon responded as if he knew the reason he drank yesterday, as if that reason was celebratory, when in reality Fallon had no idea why he was even drinking yesterday. “Besides, it’s not that bad. I got out of bed, didn’t I?” Fallon said giving the other male a smirk. But unlike the smirks he gave to potential lovers, this one was a smirk meant to annoy.

Fallon recognized Eric’s office and stopped in his tracks. He glanced up at the building in front of them before putting a smile, his whole expression no longer showing signs of a hangover or even his annoyance and dislike for Dominic, even when the other stood right beside him. It might have surprised Fallon how fast he could put up the front, but he would never say that to anyone. “Shall we go in then?” Fallon said before entering the building anyway, not even waiting for Dominic to respond or even follow him. Once inside the small office Fallon instantly spotted Eric, though it wasn’t that hard as he was probably the only person there. “Hey Eric, it’s been too long!” Fallon said with Both a friendly voice and smile. Fallon concentrated slightly as he activated his power, giving the people in the room a feeling of calmness and bliss. It would last for the duration of the meeting at least, perhaps longer.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Dominic Fre Jan 13, 2023 1:26 pm

Dominic's blood boiled by the way Fallon just rolled his eyes at him. "What reason?" He scoffed at him, but the man quickly moved on to his other point, which did not help his case. Dominic glared at him and his annoying smirk. He suddenly felt like he was the one with the hangover. "It better not be that bad," he said, "If you fuck up this meeting, I swear to Iosta…" He didn't need to end his sentence, because a part of him knew that Fallon knew not to mess up this meeting. He wouldn't be here if he didn't know that.

They arrived at Eric's office - his shed - and Dominic glanced from the building to Fallon, examining him changing his expression. It was as fascinating as it was infuriating. Dominic had a thing against people with great facades. Though he understood how it could be practical - again, there was a reason Fallon was invited to this meeting - it also showed him never to trust that person. Who knew what was real and what was fake? Dominic had never learned to have a facade. Sometimes he wished he could, it did seem to make a lot of things in life easier. But he already spent enough energy just keeping his emotions in line. No way he had the energy to put on a charming facade as well. What he could muster, when they walked into the small office and met Eric, was a polite-ish nod and the courtesy of not checking through the room with his eyes to make sure they hadn't walked into an ambush. If he started the meeting by doubting Eric's intentions, he would set them up for failure.
"Hey Eric," he also greeted the man, who stood up from the chair behind his desk and walked towards them. Eric was a classic-looking plumber with his rounded stomach and itchy-looking beard. He always seemed in a good mood though and met them with a friendly chuckle and his arms open.
"Fallon, how are ya’, pal?" he said and greeted the Enferi with a short manly hug. He then stood next to Dominic, considered the situation and decided to reach out his hand to greet him in a lighthearted yet politely distanced manner. "And Dominic, always a pleasure," he said, teasingly.
Dominic smiled just a bit, both due to the cheery greeting the plumber and due to Fallon's power also affecting him. Just ever so faintly, he felt the calmness in his muscles and he decided to give into it just to make the meeting easier. So he shook Eric's hand, laying his other hand over theirs to show extra friendliness.
"You too," he said, "Thank you for meeting with us."
"Of course, gotta keep at my honest work. Or well honest at my work at least." He chuckled over his joke. Then he gestured towards the desk. Two chairs on one side, one on the other side. The desk was messy with loose papers and used coffee mugs. "Now, shall we?"
The men sat down. Dominic noticed how creaky and uncomfortable his chair was but he didn't say anything. It was the norm in Erast to grab used furniture and repurpose it so he hadn't expected differently.
"So," Dominic started as he tried to find a comfortable way to sit. But he didn't get to say anymore before Eric, who had already sat down by then, interrupted him.
"Sorry, before we start, I gotta say," he said, sincerely apologetic, "It's very hard for me to see us ending this meeting with me still helping ya' out." He quickly added, placing both soiled hands on his flannel-covered chest. "Not that I don't wanna. But with all that's going on the world right now, I just-" He clicked his tongue and grimaced. "You do get what I'm saying, right?"
Fallon's powers weren't that powerful; Dominic instantly felt frustration soar through him. Not just by being interrupted, not just by immediately being shut down, but by the combination of those two. His faint smile from earlier was instantly gone and he tensed up, his thumbs rubbing tensely the index finger next to it to keep himself in place.
"Right," he said, already not sounding as friendly as before, "Let's hope we surprise you then."
He didn't say anything more, hoping Fallon would take over. He was much better at business pitchs than Dominic was. Dominic had come up with the idea, but that didn't mean he knew how to sell it. Eric already looked uncomfortable at him, probably as uncomfortable as the chair, Dominic was sitting in. It probably was made worse by the racism towards Nachon Warlocks; Eric was a good man who didn't wish bad on Nachon Warlocks but that didn't mean he didn't fear them if they turned against him.
Another great reason to have Fallon - an Enferi Warlock - with them.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Fallon Fre Jan 13, 2023 4:41 pm

When Eric greeted Fallon, Fallon responded “I am as great as I’ve always been” and returned the quick hug. “How is the family doing?”  Fallon asked, trying to keep up the good mood. When Eric told, in Fallon’s opinion, was a lame joke, he laughed a little alongside Eric. When the man gestured for them to sit, Fallon knew it was time to talk business and he sat down as comfortably as he could in one of the chairs. Outwardly Fallon looked like he sat in one of the most comfortable chairs he had ever sat in. Fallon noticed how Eric interrupted Dominic. Fallon listened to Eric, his expression seemingly as if he completely understanding of Eric. Though inwardly Fallon could feel his own blood boil a little. When Dominic had spoken his sentence it was time for Fallon to turn his charm up to the max.

It is a hard world we’re living in huh? Especially now after what happened to the prince” Fallon started, empathy and patos filling his voice. “The government have become so strict, especially in Erast and now even people who aren’t nachon are getting the short end of the stick” He continued, making sure his tone of voice was just right and the pressure was placed on the right words. “We have helped more and more people who aren’t nachons with refuge and hiding from the godias” Fallon stated, sounding as if they were helping more of regular humans or kirsha warlocks than nachons. A little half-truth as he didn’t say a lie but the only non-nachon warlock the EFA was currently helping with refuge and hiding were him and the new girl, Gwyn. “This is affecting all of us, so its only right we all pitch on to help our community, don’t you think?” Fallon asked as he leaned on the desk with his hands under his chin, staring straight at Eric. They way he had worded the question, made it seem like Eric wasn’t helping nachons or the EFA but his community in Erast, the people who didn’t have anything to do with any of this who suffered as a result. Fallon had throughout his whole little speech made sure to use the words ‘we’ and ‘our’ to appeal to Eric’s emotions. His whole speech had seem like Fallon was arguing on behalf of Eric, as if he was on his side. When in truth he had just tried to persuade the man into helping the EFA after all.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Dominic Søn Jan 15, 2023 10:36 am

"Oh, same old, same old, I promised to say hi from Casper," Eric had answered to Fallon's question about the family before they sat down, Casper being his son that apparently had met Fallon before. Dominic didn't know when or why, he really didn't know much about Fallon actually and he didn't care to do so.

The man was charming, Dominic did have to give him that. He had no idea how he did it, but suddenly he spoke with such empathy and warmth in his voice. Dominic had only heard him speak like this at meetings where he wanted to get something out of it. Such a fake, Dominic thought to himself, even though he felt like he was the one not being real right now. While Eric and Fallon connected and tried understand each other, Dominic was the odd one out, the one they didn't have to include in the conversation, because no one wanted to connect with a Nachon Warlock. Dominic felt a sting of shame, of jealousy, that he wasn't the one who could fake his way into a charming conversation. Because no matter what he could never be the one people would say hi from their family too.
Dominic didn't say anything and simply listened to the conversation. Eric softened up again as Fallon spoke to him, furrowing his brow in an empathetic expression and nodding along to his speech.
"I- Listen, things are getting hairy now," he said, "Ya' know, I've never been scared to walk around here. I know which streets to stay out of so I stay out of them. But now? Heck, rich people can't even take a stroll in the woods without getting hatchet up."
He shook his head, leaning back into his creaky chair, his hands behinds his head.
"Guys are getting murdered just for associating with Nachon Warlocks. What if people find out our deal. I mean- Casper's just started high school. In Paendley." It was a big deal that they had gotten him into a better school than the one right outside of Erast. "I don't want him beat up on the way home from school. Or having to become a refugee at your place."
Although he spoke against Fallon's points, he did so softly, apologetically. He didn't believe his own points as much as he did before. Dominic noticed that; how he went from saying he couldn't see a way this meeting would end with a continued deal, but now he was clearly having to hold himself back from giving in.
"With the people panicking, that could happen with or without you helping us," Dominic said, not hearing how that ended up sounding like a threat as he spoke in a matter-of-factly, rough manner. Eric looked at him with a hint of fear in his eyes, but Dominic was so used to that, that he didn't think it was because of something he had actually said. He adjusted his sitting position. "Where do you think Casper would have to go if we're not there to help? What would happen if-"
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Fallon Søn Jan 15, 2023 11:06 am

Fallon sat there calmly as he listened to Eric speak, not a change in his demeanor or face. His concerns were understandable and Fallon got the feeling if he just pushed in the right direction, the deal would still be standing. His mind was already formulating the best possible things to say to keep the deal with Eric, while Eric spoke. However then Dominic opened his mouth, no problem with that but the words he chose with his tone of voice… well it sounded very much like a threat. Oh god he was going to ruin everything if he continued to speak. So Fallon did what he does best. He interrupted Dominic.

Your concerns are very understandable, Eric,” Fallon said before Dominic could even say another word, sending him a glance that very much translated to ‘shut up, you dumbass’ before quickly returning his glance back to Eric, the empathy and kindness being the only thing to see in his eyes. “Which is also why we need the EFA more than ever now” He continued. “With recent events, we have a bigger focus on community safety, we are after all working for a better world, how can we do that without making sure our community is safe and well?” He said with a caring smile. “It’s amazing that Casper got into Paendley High! You must be a proud father” Fallon commented. “He must be proud to see how you’ve helped your own community like this,” He added, the words were kind and caring, but the words could very likely bring forth thoughts of Casper being disappointed in his father for not continuing helping. Fallon would of course never say that, but he could plant the seeds in the other’s mind. “Besides with the heightened dangers these days, we’ve discussed taking measures to make sure people in Erast are as safe as possible,” Fallon said. Well, they might have not discussed such things yet, but they might have to eventually. Fallon was a good pretender, he knew what to say, how to sound and how to even look to make people like him. Some might call him fake, but this had been the only way for Fallon to survive.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Dominic Tors Jan 19, 2023 7:05 pm

Did he seriously just interrupt him?
As Fallon spoke, so the man next to him had to stop talking himself, Dominic glared at him, his blood boiling. Fallon made sure to send him a glance to ask him to keep quiet - or more likely to shut up if it was worded by Fallon himself - and that simply darkened Dominic's glare. Only for a brief moment though, but even through his anger, he knew he had to keep his cool during this meeting. If he suddenly seemed like a scary Nachon, Eric for sure wouldn't want to work with him. Dominic turned to face the plumber, while listening to Fallons speech, nodding along to agree with him. They had to seem on the same page. It would only hurt their case if someone could sense in-fighting in their group. It helped that Fallon's energy still orbited around the room, keeping Dominic's heartbeat slow and calm, even though his chest clutched around it. That was especially helpful, when Fallon suddenly started lying to Eric's face. Had his powers not influenced Dominic, Dominic would probably had had a larger external reaction; instead he just glanced over at Fallon, not too noticeably. But inside he was furious. What the fuck was he doing? Lying on behalf of the EFA? As a surprise to many, Dominic was actually a man of honor. He hated lying, especially this charismatic, persuasive lying. Not that he never lied, of course he did, but his lies were out of necessity, out of survival. As was most of the more amoral actions he had had to do. People assumed he was okay with acting such way, the way Fallon was acting right now, but in a perfect world he wouldn't have to do that. Now, this wasn't a perfect world at all, but Fallon only made it even worse. Not only did he lie, but he lied about something they weren't able to go through with.
Even though it did seem to be the last argument Eric needed. He had welcomed all of Fallon's arguments, easing up, even smiling and saying "I really am" to the comment about him being a proud father. And now, he nodded, a deep, accepting nod.
"Well, I'll look forward to seeing those measures," he said, and while he didn't mean anything threatening or passive-aggressive, Dominic tensed his fingers over that sentence, "Ya' know, ya' gotta point. Maybe it's worth a shot. Who knows how the world will look just next week?"
Nobody knew. That was the issue, Dominic thought, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he forced a smile, barely being able to move his lips upwards.
"So you're okay with continuing our deal?" he asked.
Eric grimaced again but at least he also laughed about it. That was a good sign.
"Yes and no," he said, "I'll need to up my pay. Add an extra fee of expanding security measures. Is that doable?"
That was not doable at all, no. They barely had the money to pay him now. But this was at least one thing that didn't worry Dominic because had been prepared for this.
"We won't be able to put in extra cash," he said but his smile had turned more natural now, hinting at a better solution. He put his hand on Fallon's shoulder, a bit heavier and rougher than he had to, but it was only noticeable for Fallon who had to feel it. "But we can offer something else."
Fallon's powers. Or at least some of them. Dominic would let Fallon sell this part of the deal himself as well, knowing Eric would trust an Enferi Warlock about this more than a Nachon Warlock. His hand stayed on the guy's shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze, while he kept his eyes on Eric.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Fallon Tors Jan 19, 2023 9:19 pm

Fallon saw the glance Dominic gave him when he lied and knew he had just pissed off the man more, he kinda already knew that when he lied. The lie in question had been said impulsively. Fallon might not seem like an upright guy, but he would seem like the security in the eyes of Eric if that were needed. But it seemed like it had worked, though Fallon felt his blood boil some more when Eric talked about upping the price. However, Fallon didn’t get time to even think of a response when Dominic placed his hand on his shoulder, rougher and heavier than any normal person would do it. Fallon did not like it. He did not like it when Dominic placed his hand on his shoulder like that. In fact, he hated it. He hated when men did that. He hated it more when Dominic gave his shoulder a little squeeze. A nauseating feeling rose in his gut as old memories played on repeat in the back of his head.

He had barely registered Dominic’s words, but he quickly caught on to what he was trying to do. Was this his way of revenge for the lie? “What do say to having access to the power of an Enferi?” Fallon suggested with a smile, even though he hated having to say that. His blood was boiling and Dominic would so pay for this when they were done here, and hopefully it was soon.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Dominic Ons Jan 25, 2023 9:16 pm

It was obvious by the way Eric's widened that he had not expected them to put forward that kind of offer. As well as it was obvious by the way his eyes lit up that he had hoped for it.
Because of that reaction, Dominic was sure that they had it in the bag. The deal would be done. And he could feel a part of him relaxing just a bit. Not his hand on Fallon's shoulder though. That grip stayed tight.
"Do you mean-?"
"Yes," Dominic interrupted him, solely because he didn't have the patient to wait for him to deal with his own surprise, "We do mean that."
Eric gawked at them both for a few more seconds and Dominic allowed himself to enjoy that look. It was a rare phenomenon, things actually turning out the way he had planned out. Of course it was partly due to Fallon's charm and ultimately only due his Enferi powers but Dominic decided not to think too much about that. He already had enough to be bitter about.
"Well then," Eric said, a goofy smile came across his lips, as he had no way of hiding his happiness over the new deal, "Consider that a deal."
He leaned forward and reached out his hand. Dominic let go of Fallon to stretch out his own hand and shake Eric's hand.
"Great," he said and he actually did sound happy about it - with reservations of course, "Thank you. I'm glad we could figure something out."
"So am I," chuckled Eric and then he reached out to shake Fallon's hand next, "You and I gotta discuss some details later. Do I have any contacts on you? Phone, mail?"
"He'll contact you," Dominic answered in a way that wasn't up for discussion. As if an EFA member should give out their contact information. Fallon already had Eric's contacts so that wouldn't be an issue. As Dominic spoke, he stood up, ready to move on. No need to keep sitting and chatting - and being next to Fallon - when the deal was done and the issue was fixed.
"O-okay then," Eric said, still chuckling a bit, but a bit more forced, "Well, you two have a good one then."
Dominic doubted he would have that but at least he had one less thing to worry about. And that was better than he had expected from this day.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Fallon Ons Jan 25, 2023 10:28 pm

Fallon tried not to focus on Dominic’s grip on his shoulder, he watched Eric as he seemed to accept the conditions. Once Dominic let go of him to shake Eric’s hand, Fallon felt his nausea ease up a little. He slightly moved his shoulder discreetly, as if to shake off any residue of the grip. Fallon kept a smile on his face as Dominic answered for him when Eric asked for any contact details as if Fallon couldn't answer himself. “Yeah, I will reach out to you when it’s time,” Fallon said as he stood up from the chair. “Adieu Eric” Fallon said with a smile as he moved towards the door. Fallon didn’t actually speak French, he had learned some phrases from an old hook up, that he no longer remembered the face of.  Anyways as they had said their goodbyes Fallon went out the door.

Once outside his smile dropped instantly as he took a couple of steps and turned around to stare at Dominic with anger filling his eyes. “That is the last time you sell me off like that” he sneered with venom filling his voice, as if Dominic had sold his body instead of ‘urging’ him to let Eric use his powers. “Also never touch me again, you disgust me” He added as he started to walk back towards his apartment, well more like storming off. Fallon grumbled to himself as he walked, not caring if Dominic had anything he wanted to say to him or if he even was following. Fallon would need a night out later that night to get his mind off this horrible day.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Dominic Søn Jan 29, 2023 8:57 am

The thing about wearing a mask is that in the end it only fouls the face underneath.
The second the two men had left the shed Fallon showed his fouling. When he turned around towards Dominic, it was with a rageful stare. In some ways it did surprise Dominic; he still wasn't fully used to seeing the facade of a person going up and down. Even though he knew Fallon was angry with him, he hadn't expected such a quick change in mood. Which was yet another reason why he hated being around people with a facade. He never knew when they would show their real feelings.
Dominic didn't have to change his demeanor at all, having been a bit tense throughout the whole meeting. The only difference now was that Fallon didn't use his powers anymore, so the last bit of calmness had left Dominic's body. He hated how much he already missed that feeling.
When Fallon tried to scold him, Dominic returned the rageful stare. In that stare, there was a warning - against the way Fallon was speaking to him. He had no place to do such a thing.
"Fallon-" he started out his warning, but the man decided to not want to stay and listen. Which meant Dominic had to decide to either let him leave him after acting like that or to follow him. It only took a moment of consideration before he knew it had to be the second option. As if he could let Fallon get away with acting in such a way.
So with a frustrated puff he walked after the man, speeding up just a bit to be able to catch up.
"Hey!" he raised his voice at him but didn't yell, being very aware of not drawing too much attention to them, "We're not done here."
He caught up to him and placed himself in front of him, blocking his way. With a tense finger up pointing towards his chest - not touching him though - he stared stared him down.
"You don't get to talk to me like that." He spoke in a lower tone now, a threatening, angry tone. "Not after you lied to Eric about our plans. What were you even thinking with that crap? It's not for fun we were at that meeting."
He kept standing there, blocking Fallon's way. They were done talking when he said they were done talking. And the only thing Dominic was done with was Fallon's shitty behavior.

Sidst rettet af Dominic Lør Feb 04, 2023 3:41 pm, rettet i alt 2 gange
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Fallon Søn Jan 29, 2023 4:01 pm

Fallon abruptly stopped when Dominic stepped in front of him. He still had a scowl as he stared at the man. When he confronted him about the small lie Fallon had told in the meeting, Fallon’s mind was racing trying to find a good enough excuse. Fallon didn’t want to admit to Dominic of all people that he had in fact not been thinking when he told the lie. “It’s not like he would actually figure out that was never a plan” Fallon just said. “Besides you solved it perfectly didn’t you?” He said, his tone angry and sarcastic. “Selling me off like that” he added, still very much angry. Fallon was about to continue bickering until someone else suddenly spoke.

Fallon? Is that you?” A calm and soothing voice spoke, the voice was filled with familiarity as if the person who had spoken knew Fallon well. The voice that had spoken was a voice Fallon knew all too well, a voice that sent chills down his spine. A voice that Fallon had hoped he never had to hear again. As soon as the voice had spoken Fallon fell silent and with an unnatural obedience for being Fallon, he turned around to face whoever had spoken. “Well if it isn’t Fallon, its been awhile hasn’t it?” The middle-aged man continued to speak, now with a smile. “Yeah, five years I believe” Fallon managed to respond, his voice barely above a whisper. The man placed a hand on the same shoulder Dominic had during the meeting and Fallon was filled with an even worse nauseous feeling than when Dominic had done it. Speaking of Dominic, Fallon had almost forgotten that he was there and now he was filled with embarrassment and shame for having Dominic witnessing how pathetic Fallon was right now.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Dominic Lør Feb 04, 2023 4:29 pm

"What do you mean ‘selling you off?’” Dominic exclaimed, scoffing over the man’s choice of words. Of course Dominic was going to use Fallon’s Enferi powers as a part of the deal. What else had he expected? Why was he being so dramatic about it? Probably just because he didn’t want to do any more work, that lazy ass.
An insult Dominic was about to say aloud, but he didn’t get to, before someone else entered the conversation. Immediately Dominic backed away from Fallon, taking a step back, so he didn’t stand between Fallon and the middle-aged man who came up to them. From the familiarity and calmness of the voice, Dominic assumed that it was a friend of Fallon and he didn’t want to seem like they were about the fight. Besides he didn’t want to man to give him any attention, fearing he somehow would remember the looks and then be able to lead the Godia Warriors back to him, if they ever where to interview the man. But just as Dominic had taken a step back and let the man get to Fallon, he regretted this decision. Fallon’s reaction – falling silent and acting in an unnatural obedience as if he feared the man – made Dominic realize that this man was no friend.  
Not sure what to do in this situation – or what the situation was even about – he watched as the man during the conversation laid his hand on Fallon’s shoulder. The same shoulder that Dominic had just grabbed. Fallon looked nauseous over the touch and that’s where it hit Dominic. Why he had hated how he had touched him. Why he had seen the deal as Dominic ‘selling him off’.
Dominic was shocked, his whole body stiffening, his heart beating faster by the realization. Of course he didn’t know for sure, but still he knew. And with Fallon’s last sentence that had barely been a whisper, saying how he had been five years younger the last time he and the man had…
The shock quickly involved into anger. Into hatred. Towards the man that had the audacity to smile so calm to Fallon, resting his hand on his shoulder as if he owned him.
Now, Dominic didn’t like Fallon at all, they had never been together without biting each other’s heads up. To Dominic Fallon was an irresponsible annoying brat. That didn’t stop the rebel leader from taking a step forward again, forcing a distance between the man and Fallon, though the man still had his hand on his shoulder. Towering above the man and scowling down at him.  
“Fallon’s in the middle of a conversation. With me,” he said, “And you’re interrupting us.”
This was a threat – the man better back off. It wasn’t clear whether or not Dominic was simply angry for being interrupted – since he had just been in a fight that he wanted to continue – or if he actually knew about the man’s past and probably recent actions. Of course he didn’t actually know. But he knew. And with all the hatred inside of him, the man should feel lucky, that Dominic had to keep a low profile. If not, then he wouldn’t simply have used his words to threaten him.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Fallon Lør Feb 04, 2023 6:31 pm

The man just glanced at Dominic as he spoke. "I'm sorry, I didnt mean to interrupt" He said to Dominic before looking back at Fallon. "It's good to see you doing well, almost thought you had perished in that great fire back then" The man said, his gaze looking at Fallon as if he knew something. "Well, I won't bother you anymore then" He said with a smile as he said goodbye and walked away. It was impossible to know what that man head really thought or meant throughout the conversation or whether him leaving was a result of him actually being scared of Dominic or not. Fallon hadn't spoken another word, his mind was racing after the man had mentioned the fire. Did he know something? If he did would he use it against Fallon?

Memories of that night five years ago started to resurface, memories that Fallon had buried long ago with the help of alcohol and unsavory company. It had been shortly after Fallon's eighteenth birthday. It had been a hot and warm summer day when one of the houses in Erast had caught fire and burned to the ground, the couple who lived there had barely escaped with their lives. The official story had been some sort of faulty wiring that often was found in the homes of Erast.

However Fallon had thought only he knew the true story. The truth behind the fire. That day Fallon was done, done with the way those people had treated him. He had been planning it for a while, a way to run away yet again without ever being caught again. The couple had many friends, friends who wanted Fallon to stay trapped in that house. He had gathered the supplies slowly and had waited for the perfect moment. When the perfect moment finally took place, Fallon set the building on fire, running far away in all the confusion and chaos.

He had never looked back. Never thought about that time, and whenever they threatened to resurface he had found a friend in the bottom of a bottle and found his way into a stranger's bed. When that man was finally out of sight, Fallon let out a breath he never noticed he held and he just felt like he was in desperate need for a glass of something strong drink, maybe even a whole bottle. When Fallon finally looked at Dominic, the anger the blonde always filled his eyes whenever he looked at the taller man was gone. Fallon had no idea what to say or even how to look at Dominic. Him stepping in had come as a surpise to him. "Are we done here now?" Fallon asked, his usually tone still not haven returned to his voice, instead it was like the man was devoid of emotions. In reality Fallon was feeling way to many feelings and he was desperate to just get home and distract himself by going out to a club or something later that night. Hopefully getting to deal with things like he usually did; drinking and flirting with strangers who would eventually get into his pants, the perfect distraction, at least that was how Fallon saw it.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Dominic Man Feb 06, 2023 8:46 pm

The man walked away but not before saying his last few sentences to Fallon. Mentioning 'the great fire' before he left the two men alone. Dominic didn't mean to but he quickly put two and two together, thinking back to whatever 'great fire' had been in Erast five years ago. He remembered reading the news about a faulty wiring creating a fire that had burned a house to the ground, destroying everything inside. The couple who lived there had barely survived. Now, none of this really answered anything, if anything it opened up for more questions. But somehow Dominic was sure that it hadn't been faulty wiring that had burned down the house. And by the way Fallon released the breath he had held back when the man had touched him, Dominic also knew that there had been a reason behind the fire. He was curious as heck, wanting to get the final pieces in the puzzle to figure out the exact reason. But when Fallon looked at him again and the anger in his eyes were gone, Dominic didn't want to ask him anything. It wasn't his place. It was odd enough for him to even witness such a personal, secret part of Fallon. It wasn't something he should have seen. He should only be allowed to see the anger, not what had caused it.
So when Fallon asked him if they were done, he simply nodded and took a step back from the man to give him some probably much needed space.
"Yeah, we're done," he said, somehow both examining Fallon and avoiding eye contact.
He hated how he suddenly had to worry about him. Why couldn't he just stay out of other's business? And why Fallon, the only EFA member he never actually cared about. The man could have been arrested and Dominic would mostly have been worried about the arrest leading the Godia Warriors to the rest of the EFA. Now suddenly he stood there and searched for signs if Fallon needed his help.
In the end he had to say: "You know, you don't have to use your powers on Eric. We'll find another thing to offer him. He'll just have to deal with that." He sounded both casually and fully sure of his words. Making sure Fallon knew it wasn't an issue though it probably would be. He didn't show his worry at all. But his eyes were searching for a sign, looking to see if this was the right thing to say. He wasn't going to address the issue directly - again, that wasn't his place. But at least he could say this. As the leader.
Dominic
Dominic
Admin

Indlæg af Fallon Tors Feb 09, 2023 2:10 pm

Fallon frowned slightly at Dominic’s word. It felt wrong for him of all people to be concerned for Fallon. “No need, I’ll do it” Fallon said. “I’m not that weak” he said. It probably sounded like Fallon thought Dominic viewed him as weak after the run in with is past. For all he knew that was the case, but those word was more of a lie for Fallon to try to convince himself that he was different now, he wasn’t that boy anymore. He was never going to be that boy anymore. Fallon glanced of into the distance. “Well then, if there is nothing more then I will take my leave” he said as he glanced back at Dominic before he started to walk away. He didn’t bother giving Dominic a proper goodbye, though he usually never did that, yet he still had had the need to announce his departure.

Fallon walked down the streets towards his place absentmindedly. His mind was going back and forth between the past and what had just happened. One thing was for sure, he hated how it had happened in front of Dominic of all people. Hopefully, Dominic would never say a word about it to anyone. This was something Fallon had kept as a closely guarded secret. It was the kind of secret he even tried to hide from himself. Once he was back inside his empty and rundown apartment. The first thing that met him when he entered was the fearfilled eyes of his teenage self in his hallway mirror. Fallon quickly glanced away before going to the fridge, grabbing a bottle which either was some sort of whiskey or vodka, Fallon hadn’t bothered to look. He opened the bottle with an experienced ease as he slid down the wall until he sat on the floor and took a gulp as he stared emptily out in the dust covered room. Thoughts started to fill his head, but Fallon just focused on the burning feeling from the liquid going down is throat.
Fallon
Fallon

Indlæg af Sponsoreret inhold

Sponsoreret inhold

Tilbage til toppen

Forumtilladelser:
Du kan ikke besvare indlæg i dette forum